cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to gather data from Eclipse Scada to Kepware

kulkarniew
4-Participant

How to gather data from Eclipse Scada to Kepware

Our Use Case:

The plc is connected to Scada, and we want to take the data from SCADA to thingworx through Kepware.

1. How can I take the data from SCADA to kepware.

2. What are the provisions to take the data from SCADA to kepware.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi, kulkarniew

I found some documentation on how to export data from Eclipse Scada via Modbus TCP, see section 7.4.1. Looks like you would use Modbus TCP in Kepware, to pull this data out. Do you need some help setting up a Modbus TCP, channel and device in the KEPServerEX?

Rob

kulkarniew
4-Participant
(To:rsharp-2)

Thanks for your reply. I need to give this solution to the client, so before that, I must have to understand the whole process. It would be good if you elaborate the process to proceed in terms of steps its great favour  for me

Thank you for the follow up, to set this up in the KEPServerEX do the following.
Click to add a new channel choose Modbus TCP for the driver, then all the defaults.
Next click to add a device the only change from the defaults you should make is in the device ID, it will need to be the IP of the Scada plus the slave node the Scada is configured to be, for this example let's assume the slave is set to node 1. So the device ID would be IP.1. Last step is to build one tag to line up with the Modbus slave map configured in the Scada.
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:kulkarniew)

Hi @kulkarniew.

If the response from @rsharp-2 answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags