cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to reset SiteUID

JackEom
14-Alexandrite

How to reset SiteUID

I used the createSite Service in Thing: PTC.SCA.SCO.DefaultShiftManager to make shifts.

I made several sites as a test. And I used the delteSite Service to erase sites.
but The site deleted without initialization of 'siteUID'
For example I made four sites.and then I delete 1,2,3,4 siteUID.
After I made new site but I got '5' siteUID I want to get '1' siteUID

I want to know how to reset siteUID. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abjain
13-Aquamarine
(To:JackEom)

@JackEom : I tested this scenario. When you delete a site id lets say site id '2' and when you create a new site id it will generate from '3'. The only way is to modify it at the db level.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
abjain
13-Aquamarine

@JackEom If you have not created shifts and shiftschedule for a site, you can update the site table directly in database for updating its uid. 

However if for a site you have created shifts and shift schedules , then you would get foreign key violation constraint while trying to update in the db.

P.S - Please be careful while manipulating data directly in database.

JackEom
14-Alexandrite
(To:abjain)

Thanks for answering.

I have already created shiftschedule and shift. The problem I've said also occurs in shiftschedule and shift.

If I delete uid, is it impossible for deleted uid to be generated?(e.x if I deleted '2' Site UID or ShiftSchedule UID or Shift UID, is it impossible those to be generated?) Is there only a way to modify uid?

abjain
13-Aquamarine

@JackEom : I tested this scenario. When you delete a site id lets say site id '2' and when you create a new site id it will generate from '3'. The only way is to modify it at the db level.

JackEom
14-Alexandrite
(To:abjain)

Thank you for the details.
I'll test it using db.

Top Tags