cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

I can not connect KepServerEX6 with Thingworx Foundation, within the same computer

Theeradache
7-Bedrock

I can not connect KepServerEX6 with Thingworx Foundation, within the same computer

I am install ThingWorx Foundation trial into the same computer as KepServerEx6,

but I can not connect KepServerEX6 with Thingworx Foundation, within the same computer

before now, I have tried connect with KepServerEx6 in Hosted trial, Which is normally connected

I'm not sure, the Host of KepServerEx6 can be configured as localhost ?, And the port of KepServerEx6 can be configured as  8080?

Could you giving advice me

Thank you

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for advice

Right Now. I can already connected KepServer with Thingworx by follow your instructions.

Thank you again, 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:Theeradache)

@Theeradache 

first of all, you can run Kepware and Thingworx on the same machine without any issues.

Make sure that the information that you put into the Thingworx connection configuration of Kepware (your screenshot) is matching with the Thingworx server information. You can use localhost instead of a IP address but make sure the port is the right port where Thingworx is running on. Also the Appkey has to be an valid Appkey in Thingworx.

If you send a screenshot of your error log in Kepware, i can give your more information what could be the problem.

Seb

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC
SebB
12-Amethyst

@Theeradache 

what i can see in your configuration is that you have "Disable encryption" on NO.

What expects a HTTPS connection to the server. I assume that you dont have HTTPS configured on your local server. Try to turn off encryption.

Seb

Seb
PTC

@SebB 

Hi Seb

Sorry delay

I send screenshot of me in KepServerEx6 and Thingworx to you.

03.png

02.png

Can I test from IP 127.0.0.1 in closed loop server ?, To check the KepServrEx6 in the computer can be actually connected with Thingworx .

Tank you

SebB
12-Amethyst

@Theeradache 

like i said in my last response, your Kepware configuration is trying to connect via HTTPS to your Thingworx server but Thingworx is running on HTTP on your system.

The last error message in the Kepware log indicates this as well.

Please try to change the following setting in the Kepware configuration:

Trust self-signed certificates -> No

Trust all certificates -> No

Disable encryption -> Yes

Seb

Seb
PTC

Thank you for advice

Right Now. I can already connected KepServer with Thingworx by follow your instructions.

Thank you again, 

Top Tags