cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Import Asset from Thingworx to Asset advisor

talmaoz
4-Participant

Import Asset from Thingworx to Asset advisor

Hello,

I'm using Thingworx 8.5 and Thingworx Industrial Connectivity 8.5.67

I'm creating an asset using my gateway discover option, and I'm choosing the PTC.ISA95.PhysicalAssetThingTemplate as template.

After the creation, I can see that the connection is made and the values are updating correctly.

Now, I'm trying to import\configure this asset\thing in the Configuration and Setup app (of the Manufacturing Apps to see it in the Asset Advisor App), but I don't succeed.

Is there any guide for how to configure this or someone has an idea how to make it?

The point is, I need to create a service or find a way to gets the discovered devices from Kepware and configure them dynamically that I can see them in the Asset Advisor App.
Many thanks,
Tal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @talmaoz ,

For equipment for display appropriately in ThingWorx Apps, each associated thing must have the displayName property specified in ThingWorx Composer.

In you case, please set the display name property of thing which you had created after gateway discover option.

Please refer Setting Up Your Equipment section in the Thingworx Apps Guide.

Thanks,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @talmaoz ,

For equipment for display appropriately in ThingWorx Apps, each associated thing must have the displayName property specified in ThingWorx Composer.

In you case, please set the display name property of thing which you had created after gateway discover option.

Please refer Setting Up Your Equipment section in the Thingworx Apps Guide.

Thanks,

Himanshu

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:hchanana)

Hi @talmaoz.

If the response provided by @hchanana answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags