cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

“Import configuration and data” not available

mariaaliceduart
4-Participant

“Import configuration and data” not available

Greetings,

I installed ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.1.2 Dev Kit (30 day Dev Kit Trial) and now I want to install the “Demo Factory” data set, but the “Import configuration and data” option is not available in the top right conner menu.

What should I do?

Regards

Maria Alice 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Maria Alice.

For the benefit of others in the community, your issue was resolved by installing the Dev kit on a clean o/s.

Note that this licensing issue has been resolved in the 8.2 freemium versions which are due to be released in the next several days.

If you are in agreement, please select Accept this Solution to mark it as complete.

Regards.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Maria Alice.

How long ago did you install the Dev kit?  I'm wondering if the license may have expired since the current version is 8.2.  You can check the licenses in ThingWorx Composer (located at http://{domain}:{IP Address}/Thingworx/Composer/index.html) by selecting Monitoring from the top toolbar, then selecting Subsystems.  On the left, select Licensing Subsystem Settings and review the expiration date for the products listed there.

Another possibility is that you actually installed the Express version instead of the Dev version, but you would be unable to run the Composer if that is the case.

Please let us know more so we can assist you further.

Regards.

--Sharon

I'm not able to run the Composer. Ihave installed Express before last Fraiday. Today I uninstalled Express and installed Deb Kit. But I don't see any difference. It is showing that the license will expire in 26 days. It seems that I still have the Express installation. I downloaded the Dev Kit from Get Started - Step 5. 

Hi Mary Alice.

Thanks for that additional information.  The problem is related to the license.  Upgrading to the Dev kit does not result in replacing the license installed with the Express version.  I will send you a private message with a license you can use and instructions for installing it.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I installed the license file as you recommended. But the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Server stops after a few seconds. I start it manually and after 10 to 15 seconds later it stops.

I replaced the license file you sent by the old one and the problem doesn’t happen. The server starts and keep running. 

Thank you,

Maria Alice

Hi Maria Alice.

It sounds like there is still an issue with the license file.  However, to troubleshoot this issue more effectively, a case has been created on your behalf.

Regards.

Hi Maria Alice.

For the benefit of others in the community, your issue was resolved by installing the Dev kit on a clean o/s.

Note that this licensing issue has been resolved in the 8.2 freemium versions which are due to be released in the next several days.

If you are in agreement, please select Accept this Solution to mark it as complete.

Regards.

Top Tags