cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Industrial connection to Kepware is not stable

seanccc
17-Peridot

Industrial connection to Kepware is not stable

Hi, 

When creating a thing under Industrial connectivity manually: 

If there's a few properties(less than 10), it work well. the properties get tagged data from Kepware  without problem. 

But ,  If increase the count of properties, for example 60 properties in my case, the properties are not connected and display "?" ahead of the property(see the attached picture).   And  it won't be solved by restarting Kepware only ,  I  have to restart Kepare and re-click Save button in Thingworx , then the connection will work .   Is  this a  designed behavior ?  

The problem only occurs on manually creating thing under industrial connectivity,  if create the thing from the binding remote Kepware thing,  then it won't occur.  

ThingWorx:  8.5.2

Kepware: KEPServerEX6 (unlicensed , need to restart every 2 hours)

Regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abhkumar
13-Aquamarine
(To:seanccc)

Hi @seanccc 

Thanks for sharing your ThingWorx and Kepware versions. Is this a fresh installation of ThingWorx or you have upgraded your instance to 8.5.2 (if yes from which version have you upgraded).

To investigate this further could you please supply us few additional details:

i) Your Kepware logs in debug mode. To change the logging level of Kepware logs follow these steps: Projects-> properties-> ThingWorx -> Enable logging 'yes'

Log level select debug from drop down.   From Kepserver navigate to tools->event logs->save as text file and gab the logs file from specified location in debug mode and attach it for further investigation.

ii) Application logs in info mode from the folder \ThingworxStorage\logs. Please make sure your application and Kepware logs are off same time frame.

iii) Screenshot from console where you did the binding (additional properties tab) and screenshot from composer where quality is showing unknown.

iv) Provide the properties name and Asset name on which you did the binding so that I will look into logs accordingly.

Thanks,

Abhishek

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
abhkumar
13-Aquamarine

Hi @seanccc 

Thanks for sharing your ThingWorx and Kepware versions. Is this a fresh installation of ThingWorx or you have upgraded your instance to 8.5.2 (if yes from which version have you upgraded).

To investigate this further could you please supply us few additional details:

i) Your Kepware logs in debug mode. To change the logging level of Kepware logs follow these steps: Projects-> properties-> ThingWorx -> Enable logging 'yes'

Log level select debug from drop down.   From Kepserver navigate to tools->event logs->save as text file and gab the logs file from specified location in debug mode and attach it for further investigation.

ii) Application logs in info mode from the folder \ThingworxStorage\logs. Please make sure your application and Kepware logs are off same time frame.

iii) Screenshot from console where you did the binding (additional properties tab) and screenshot from composer where quality is showing unknown.

iv) Provide the properties name and Asset name on which you did the binding so that I will look into logs accordingly.

Thanks,

Abhishek

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @seanccc.

Were you able to resolve your issue--possibly with the help of Abhishek's post?  If so, please either mark Abhishek's post as the Accepted Solution or provide details of the solution you found.  If you're still struggling to resolve the issue, please provide answers to the questions in Abhishek's post.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags