cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Kepware Alternative

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Kepware Alternative

Is there a work around instead of Kepware, Clients wanna use the Thingworx, but kepware is too costly to be afforded by the client. Is there a Work around open source where we can get data from OPC UA Modbus TCP Protocol and then send to the Thingworx.

@paic  @slangley @c_lowy 

Thanks !!

Shashi Preetham
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OPC aggregator does support OPC UA/DA (only) southbound and Thingworx (only) northbound and is free. It's  a limited version of Kepserver.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

OPC aggregator does support OPC UA/DA (only) southbound and Thingworx (only) northbound and is free. It's  a limited version of Kepserver.

Hi @pandersson ,

Can you share the link, to download it. I tried, but not able to find it on google.

Shashi Preetham

You may find it here:
Support.ptc.com-> download software-> Thingworx foundation->9.1 (no 9.2 exists)
https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=TWX
[cid:image001.png@01D79461.EF5A9AB0]

Hi @pandersson ,

Can we create the Channel based on the Modcus TCP Protocol, because we get the tag values based on the Allen Bradley and Modbus TCP Protocol ?

Thanks !!

Shashi Preetham

Nope,

OPC aggregator only support OPC UA/DA channels.

Per

Hi @pandersson , 

Thanks for the Quick response, is there any other ways, where I can connect the Modbus TCP Protocol and connect it to the Thingworx ?

Shashi Preetham

You may build your own agent or find a server that talks Modbus and integrate it to Thingworx using rest, MQTT or edge sdk, but in the end I think it's cheaper and quicker to buy Kepwere modbus suite.

Another alternative is to use a Gateway, (OPC UA, MQTT, MODBUS TCP/IP): https://www.kepfrance.fr/pupitres-ihm/passerelles-iiot/opc-ua-mqtt-modbus-tcp-ip/cmt-g01-passerelle-iiot--a1656.html

And, then you can use OPC Aggregator

Top Tags