cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Kepware OPC UA client driver user authentication

DennisA_GED
2-Guest

Kepware OPC UA client driver user authentication

Hi,

The OPC UA client documentation explains only about the option of user authentication by user name and password. Is there also support for user authentication through a certificate?

I have an OPC UA server on which I trusted the Kepware OPC UA client driver certificate.
But in order for the OPC UA server to know who is connecting it is not working with user name and password, but expects a user certificate.

I don't find any documentation on such configuration with Kepware, might be a product limitation.

Best regards,

Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This feature is not currently implemented within the Kepware product, and at this time it is not being considered for addition.

Best regards,

Andy Servetas
Principal Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This feature is not currently implemented within the Kepware product, and at this time it is not being considered for addition.

Best regards,

Andy Servetas
Principal Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:DennisA_GED)

Hi @DennisA_GED

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the previous response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags