cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Kepware U-CON driver - Multicast packet

tim
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member

Kepware U-CON driver - Multicast packet

Hi all.

I try to use Kepware User Configurable driver to catch unsolicied messages in multicast group.

Server equipment send multicast messages to IP 224.0.1.1 port UDP 5155 to its own clients.

I want to create the listener of this multicast traffic with Kepware U-CON driver and then parse it.

So far, my attempts to configure u-con channels with ethernet encapsulation (UDP 5155) in unsolicited mode have been unsuccessful.

Can I use U-CON to catch multicast messages or maybe I have to use any another driver?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sam_kepware
7-Bedrock
(To:tim)

Hi Tim, 

I manage PTC's Kepware-focused Applications Engineering team. Unfortunately UCON does not support multicast messages. Your route with a C# application may be the best option. If you're interested in sharing data from your C# application with Kepware, please reply back on your preferred IPC mechanism (HTTP, TCP, Shared Memory, etc.). and I can advise on the best way to enter the Kepware Server platform.

Thanks, 
Sam

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tim
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member

I could not configure U-CON driver as I need, so my solution was to create C# application with needed functionality.

If anybody know the solution with U-CON please let me know.

Thanks.

sam_kepware
7-Bedrock

Hi Tim, 

I manage PTC's Kepware-focused Applications Engineering team. Unfortunately UCON does not support multicast messages. Your route with a C# application may be the best option. If you're interested in sharing data from your C# application with Kepware, please reply back on your preferred IPC mechanism (HTTP, TCP, Shared Memory, etc.). and I can advise on the best way to enter the Kepware Server platform.

Thanks, 
Sam

tim
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member
(To:sam_kepware)

Hi Sam.

Thanks for your reply.

In my application I implemented OPCDA server and Modbus TCP server (using external NET libraries) as sources of tags. So I can successfully read them with Kepserverex.

sam_kepware
7-Bedrock

Great to hear, thanks for confirming your strategy. 

Top Tags