cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Kepware is unable to read from Moxa NPORT 5150A

FJ_9638178
3-Visitor

Kepware is unable to read from Moxa NPORT 5150A

Hello,

I am trying to send data from the Moxa Nport5150A with a RS232 message, but I am not sure about what settings I need to have on Kepware to successfully perform this communication. On the moxa webserver I can configure the operation mode (TCP/IP Client or Server, RealCOM and so on...). I know the IP Address of the moxa terminal server which I can use in kepware for identification. However, there's other settings like ID of the device or address of the tag which I do not know how to setup correctly. Also, I would like some clarification on what driver should be used for this and why. Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings,

If you are connecting using a Moxa, you would put in the IP address of the Moxa, as it is passing the calls from KEPServer to your device, and if you are connecting to a modbus device, the ID is the slave node of the device itself. The moxa needs to be configured properly to relay those requests and responses back and forth. 

If you need further assistance, please submit a support ticket through the esupport portal.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Black

Senior Technical Support Engineer 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Also if the information provided isn't clear enough, I would appreciate if someone reached out to me in private. Thank you for your support.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:FJ_9638178)

Hi @FJ_9638178.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the previous response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others in the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Greetings,

If you are connecting using a Moxa, you would put in the IP address of the Moxa, as it is passing the calls from KEPServer to your device, and if you are connecting to a modbus device, the ID is the slave node of the device itself. The moxa needs to be configured properly to relay those requests and responses back and forth. 

If you need further assistance, please submit a support ticket through the esupport portal.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Black

Senior Technical Support Engineer 

Top Tags