cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

License issue on Manufacturing Apps re-install during valid license period

jdecremps1
3-Visitor

License issue on Manufacturing Apps re-install during valid license period

Hi,

I uninstalled Manufacturing Apps Express after one day of usage.

I'm not able to reinstall through Express installer during the valid period.

Application.log says:

2017-07-31 11:21:57.451+0200 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Unable to read trial license file because Storage anchor break found. Attempting to load as Paid license

2017-07-31 11:21:57.464+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] [message: Input type mismatch.]

2017-07-31 11:21:57.465+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] ====================================================================

2017-07-31 11:21:57.465+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Invalid License file: C:\PTC\ThingWorxManufacturingApps\ThingworxPlatform\license.bin

2017-07-31 11:21:57.465+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] ====================================================================

2017-07-31 11:21:57.465+0200 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Shutting down the Platform.

Is there a solution ?

Thanks

Julien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings Julien,

Following up on what we discussed: we determined the cause of the failed installation and licensing issues you were encountering was related to a conflict between the ThingWorx platform install and the Manufacturing Apps Express installer. This leads to a key point that is often overlooked by users going through the initial installation:

The ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Express installer is for use on a PC where the ThingWorx platform has not already been installed. If the ThingWorx platform is already installed, the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps should be imported as an extension directly into the platform.

To locate the Extensions download, open the PTC Software Download Page and expand the following folders:

PTC Smart Connected Applications | Release APPs | ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Extension | Most Recent Datacode

Best regards,

Steven M

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Greetings Julien,

This same issue was recently reported in the ThingWorx Developer Community here:

Unable to read trial license file​

The original poster responded with a solution involving directory permissions:

"Looks like the issue is with permissions on /usr/share/tomcat8.5.  I assume that somewhere in the license validation process it's trying to write some files to the user's home directory.  I noticed that when I ran tomcat as root, two files "ptc_p.0" and one named with a random sequence of letters appeared in /root/.  When I updated the permissions of /usr/share/tomcat8.5 to be owned by the tomcat user, it was able to be run as the tomcat user and the "ptc_p.0" and other file appeared in /usr/share/tomcat8.5."

Try following the suggestion he describes above, first. If that does not work, try the additional suggestions given in that same discussion. Please let us know how it goes; especially if you are still unable to get this resolved.

Best regards,

Steven M

Hi,

Thanks for your quick answer.

On my side I'm trying on PC and the error is : Storage anchor break found

Many Thanks

Julien

rmurawka
4-Participant
(To:jdecremps1)

By trying on PC , you want to say on "windows Operating System" ?

Right Richard, thanks for the detail.

Hi Julien,

I see that message 'Storage anchor break found" in your instance differs slightly from the application log message posted in the other thread. What I suspect is there is a presumed anchor binding issue with the Flexera licensing that is really related to directory permissions/file access.

Please let us know which methods you have tried from the other thread, and whether they work for you or not:

Unable to read trial license file

Best regards,

Steven M

Hi Steven,

I've tried to set full access right to everybody at the root folder without any success.

The issue is not exactly the same but I've found this post on the web: https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?220205-FNE-trial-license-behaviour-for-one-executable-on-machine-for-multiple-users​.

What do you think ?

Julien

Hi Julien,

Thank you for clarifying further. I am unsure if this other post describes the same problem, as there are many ways to implement Flexera.

In the interest of maintaining the concise question and answer format for this Community, I am going to reach out to you separately to go through some additional possibilities. Then we can bring our results back to this thread. Expect an email from me soon.

Best regards,

Steven M

Greetings Julien,

Following up on what we discussed: we determined the cause of the failed installation and licensing issues you were encountering was related to a conflict between the ThingWorx platform install and the Manufacturing Apps Express installer. This leads to a key point that is often overlooked by users going through the initial installation:

The ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Express installer is for use on a PC where the ThingWorx platform has not already been installed. If the ThingWorx platform is already installed, the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps should be imported as an extension directly into the platform.

To locate the Extensions download, open the PTC Software Download Page and expand the following folders:

PTC Smart Connected Applications | Release APPs | ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Extension | Most Recent Datacode

Best regards,

Steven M

Top Tags