cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Line KPIs not updating when assets on the line are updated

jamesso
10-Marble

Line KPIs not updating when assets on the line are updated

Using the guide here:

https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/configure-manufacturing-apps/monitor-servers-assets-and-devices

I have the factory simulator control console open and I can change operational characteristics of assets on the line using the controls.

Asset KPIs seem to update to reflect the changes made with the controls. And the Line rolls up the asset status correctly at first.

I am using the 8.4.0-00-KEPServerEX-Bundle

When I re-enable assets to be fully operational again, the line KPI stays in the state it reported when I took an asset or two into a stopped state. I see green check marks for all assets (e.g. 1-3_CNCMill and 1-3_CNCTurning) but the line stays in the Red X status and reports it is in unplanned downtime. Must you do something to confirm that the line (1-3_Line) should also be in Running state when the assets are running again.

5 REPLIES 5
jamesso
10-Marble
(To:jamesso)

I went to the asset advisor pane and then back to the KPIs pane and after that the line status was correct.

Is that pane switch needed?

Hi @jamesso ,

The status is calculated using service based on several properties and evaluated every 20sec when the UI is refreshed. This is implemented this way for performance reasons.

Thanks,

Himanshu

I wait several minutes and the line KPIs (status in particular) are NOT refreshed according to status of the assets on the line. I did observe that opening the asset advisor pane and then going back to the KPIs pane does seem to result in the line status being refreshed as expected.

This might be an artifact of how the simulated factory works.

But this is not a solution to the issue I raised. I can wait indefinitely for the line status to update and reflect the updated asset status values. If I toggle to the Asset Management pane and then back to the KPIs pane, line status values are refreshed to match the asset status values.

Hi @jamesso ,

Can you please try in another browser.

Also please share your ThingWorx and Manufacturing apps version details.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Top Tags