cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturing Apps Installation error

anaclos
12-Amethyst

Manufacturing Apps Installation error

I can't import Manufacturing Apps.I installed DataExporterExtensionPackage.zip and then MED-61227-CD-085_F000_ThingWorx-Apps-8-5-0-extension-bundle.zip but I get an installation error. I send the Thingworx log files. Thank's

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald I
(To:anaclos)

Hi @anaclos.

 

Per the case notes, there were some conflicting .jars.  After stopping Tomcat, removing the conflicting .jars, and restarting Tomcat, the extension imported successfully.

 

If you agree that this was the solution to your problem, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others experiencing similar issues.

 

Regards.

 

--Sharon

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
abhkumar
13-Aquamarine
(To:anaclos)

Hi @anaclos 

 

The correct order of Importing Manufacturing apps is :

1. MED-61284-CD-084_F000_Remote-Access-Extension-1-0-2

2. ThingWorx-Apps-<version>-extension-dependencies
3. ThingWorx-Apps-<version>-extension
 
 

 From the post subject line, I could assume that you are trying to import MED-61227-CD-085_F000_ThingWorx-Apps-8-5-0-extension-bundle.zip; however, unzip the contents of the following file MED-61227-CD-085_F000_ThingWorx-Apps-8-5-0-extension-bundle.zip, and then the extension files must be imported in the following order:

a. ThingWorx-Apps-8-5-0-extension-dependencies
b. ThingWorx-Apps-8-5-0-extension
 
Also you need to download the ThingWorx Remote Access Extension-1-0-2 from ptc support site and import it first.

Please find support document link on Import the ThingWorx Apps Extension

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_apps/r8.5/en/index.html#page/thingworx_apps%2FThingWorxAppsSe...

 

Thanks

Abhishek

anaclos
12-Amethyst
(To:abhkumar)

Hi @abhkumar: My Thingworx version is 8.5.0. I imported MED-61284-CD-085_SP2_Remote-Access-Extension-1-2-0.zip but I got this error "RemoteAccessExtension:1.2.0 Minimum Thingworx Version [ 8.5.2] requirements are not met because current version is: 8.5.0".

Then I imported version 1.1.0 without errors. I unzipped the file MED-61227-CD-085_F000_ThingWorx-Apps-8-5-0-extension-bundle.zip. But when I validate ThingWorx-Apps-8.5.0-02-extension-dependencies.zip, I got this error: "TWX_Converge_Core_ExtensionPackage:8.5.0 Checking deployed extension JARS conflict(s) detected [package: TWX_Converge_Core_ExtensionPackage]. Check application log for details".

ExtensionJars.PNG

In the log file I attached, there is a jar conflict. I have the extensions listed in the image. Can I delete them and then import or can I have a conflict with what is already installed? Thank's

anaclos
12-Amethyst
(To:anaclos)

Hi: To install ThingWorx-Apps-8.5.0-02-extension-dependencies.zip I had to rename four jar files on the Thingworx server, located at /opt/ThingWorxFoundation-8.5.0/ThingworxStorage/extensions/DataExporterExtension/lib/common/

poi-ooxml-3.13.jar

poi-3.13.jar

poi-ooxml-schemas-3.13.jar

xmlbeans-2.6.0.jar

After the change, I had to restart tomcat and then Linux to start Thingworx.
Then I installed ThingWorx-Apps-8.5.0-02-extension.zip with the warnings indicated below, but the installation was completed!!!

"AppHomePage-extension:8.5.0               Extension Package [AppHomePage-extension] is trying to override existing entities: [Role:ModelTagVocabulary] [Relationship:ModelTagVocabulary] [PTC:ModelTagVocabulary]"

 

I don't know if it is the right solution but it can help someone.

 

slangley
23-Emerald I
(To:anaclos)

Hi @anaclos.

 

Thank you for providing those details. 

 

After installing the extension, did you check to be sure the renamed .jar's were recreated?  If they do exist, I think everything is ok though you probably need to restart Tomcat due to the warnings you received.  It would also be a good idea to move the renamed .jar's to another location.

 

Please let us know the outcome.

 

Regards.

 

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald I
(To:slangley)

Hi @anaclos.

 

Have you resolved your issue?  If so, please post the details of the fix or mark one of the previous responses as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same problem.

 

Regards.

 

--Sharon

anaclos
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

Sorry for the delay in responding.
The solution was not good because although I can log in, the initial screen is empty.

The renamed .jar's were not recreated.
I changed the names of the jar extensions again and left them as they were originally, but I also didn't get an improvement.
I am sending a screenshot

anaclos_0-1581691928914.png

 

slangley
23-Emerald I
(To:anaclos)

Hi @anaclos.

 

At this point, it might be best to open a case to allow a TSE to work with you over WebEx.  If you have a support account, please provide your corporate email address (under private email) and I will be happy to open the case on your behalf.

 

Regards.

 

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald I
(To:anaclos)

Hi @anaclos.

 

Per the case notes, there were some conflicting .jars.  After stopping Tomcat, removing the conflicting .jars, and restarting Tomcat, the extension imported successfully.

 

If you agree that this was the solution to your problem, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others experiencing similar issues.

 

Regards.

 

--Sharon

View solution in original post

Announcements