cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

OPC DA Client Kepware

RM_10318757
4-Participant

OPC DA Client Kepware

Hi,

I'm Refsam Maulana, a technician who is working using the kepware application
I have a question about kepware, related to OPC DA Client on a domain system.

How to make computers that have different IP scopes, but in one domain to be read on the client's computer? Or is there a way to add servers manually instead of choosing from the Microsoft network?

Me and my coworkers still haven't figured out how to read the servers on computers that have different ip scopes but in the same domain. 

Hoping to get a solution 
6 REPLIES 6

Hello Refsam,

As long as the two machines (Client and Server) are on the same Domain and can ping each other you should just be able to configure DCOM per the following guide to get them communicating:

https://www.kepware.com/getattachment/04042e47-c690-467c-a931-a1ca126575db/Remote-OPC-DA-Quick-Start-Guide-DCOM.pdf

BRgds,

KC

RM_10318757
4-Participant
(To:KCorrigan)

thank you for your answer.

I have configured DCOM, but there is still a problem where the server tag can be imported into kepware but on the quick client, all values ​​are "unknown". Screenshot_8.pngScreenshot_9.png

Screenshot_10.png

a notification like this appears.

I've followed the way to solve this problem on PTC kepware, but it still doesn't work

Hello Refsam,

It sounds like we will need to dig into this. Please open a support ticket at the following link:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/kw-case-logger?&msg=1

Thanks,

KC

Can u provide an update?  I'm having the same issue.  I'm able for Kepware to import the Wincc OPCDA server tags, but the kepware OPC DA Client is unable to read the values.  OPC Quick Clint is able to read the Wincc OPC DA server with no issues.

Matt

Previously the problem was because the user did not have access,
to solve it, I created the same user and pass on each device and added them to the group Administrators, and followed the DCOM settings again

Screenshot_36.png

Screenshot_3.png

Top Tags