cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Problem in deleting the ThingWorx manufacturing extensions

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite

Problem in deleting the ThingWorx manufacturing extensions

Hi,

This is the second time I'm facing this issue.
I've tried parcticing Thingworx manufacturing and imported extensions related to it and then tried to delete the but weren't able to delete. Moreover, they are creating lots of errors in Application logs and I'm afraid that it's affecting also the performance of ThingWorx platform.

Tried to delete the extension and now it's showing me this alert message.

mnaeem_0-1594117788255.png

Thanks You,

Muhammad Naeem Akhtar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tmisner
16-Pearl
(To:mnaeem)

Hello Muhammad,

Currently PTC does not support the removal of ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps/ThingWorx Apps. Please see the following article for more information:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS324483

Can you confirm if you have completed all the necessary steps to install ThingWorx Apps? Likely the errors you are seeing are due to the install process not being completed. Please see here for full details on installing ThingWorx Apps 8.5.2 (the latest release).

With this being said you can perform a migration to a fresh ThingWorx Platform instance or reach out to our ThingWorx Apps Team to see what Manufacturing Apps entities can be disabled as to not impact performance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tmisner
16-Pearl

Hello Muhammad,

Currently PTC does not support the removal of ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps/ThingWorx Apps. Please see the following article for more information:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS324483

Can you confirm if you have completed all the necessary steps to install ThingWorx Apps? Likely the errors you are seeing are due to the install process not being completed. Please see here for full details on installing ThingWorx Apps 8.5.2 (the latest release).

With this being said you can perform a migration to a fresh ThingWorx Platform instance or reach out to our ThingWorx Apps Team to see what Manufacturing Apps entities can be disabled as to not impact performance.

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite
(To:tmisner)

Thank You @tmisner ,
Actually I've imported Thingworx manufacturing app extensions in the Thingworx platform, and I believe that imported extensions can be deleted.

Best Regards,

Naeem

mnaeem
14-Alexandrite

Thank You @tmisner ,

Restarted the tomcat and tried to delete the extensions and it worked.

I don't understand the same thing happened sometimes ago. In the beginning unable to delete those extensions but after some days it works.

tmisner
16-Pearl

Hello again,

I'm glad you were able to remove the Extension from your ThingWorx Platform instance. As mentioned above we typically do not support removal of the Manufacturing Apps Extensions after they are imported. Each package (ThingWorx-Apps-<version>-extension-dependencies.zip and ThingWorx-Apps-<version>-extension.zip) includes several Extensions within it which make several modifications to the ThingWorx Platform.

With this being said please proceed to mark your response as the Accepted Solution to this post.

Top Tags