cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Regarding Asset display in thingworx composer

HemalathaMsk
6-Contributor

Regarding Asset display in thingworx composer

Hi,

I have connected with Kepware and it is displaying the machine details.  I have set of doubts how to use this Manufacturing app in thingworx composer

- I have only option to export everything from manufacturing app and import in composer, do i have option to select specific objects alone to export & import?

- In manufacturing app, if I click a asset I get all graphs and details related to it, exact screen can i display in Thingworx Mashup?

Thanks

Hema

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Let me expand on Milan's response.

1. Manufacturing apps are extensions on top of Thingworx Platform. With the proper licensing, you should have access to Thingworx Composer.

2. The UI what you see in Manufacturing apps are Mashups. There are some customization points on updating those Mashups. Those are documented in the Manufacturing apps Customization guide.

3. You can copy/update or build Mashups from scratch depending on your need. The advantage is you can leverage underlying data model and services.

4. It is your choice whether to build Mashups/apps from Scratch or modifying existing ones or add to the list of apps. These are sample apps to get started quickly. However we expect customers/partners to customize to meet their needs.

You can find some tutorials in Manufacturing app portal https://www.ptc.com/en/thingworx/manufacturing-apps/Dashboard/Get-Started (Look for Step 5 in the Learning section).

Thanks,

Varathan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
hrajpal
13-Aquamarine
(To:HemalathaMsk)

Greetings Hemalatha ,

For import and export specific objects , you can use the Import/.Export option in ThingWorx Composer where you can choose to select specific entity for exports.

For the second question , the graphs which are shown is the mashup itself. You can search the "PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetMonitor.AssetDetailContainerMashup" mashup in composer. The same name you can find in the URL .

Thanks,

Himesh Rajpal

HemalathaMsk
6-Contributor
(To:hrajpal)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

1. For my first question, let me be more specific,

I have installed Manufacturing app separately and there you have an export option in which, you have only option to export everything, so my question is how to export specific asset from Manufacturing app?

2. I don't want whole manufacturing app to be displayed in mashup, i'm wondering whether i can display a particular asset alone in Mashup.

Thanks

Hema

mthakker
6-Contributor
(To:HemalathaMsk)

Hema,

The export option is designed to be used to transfer your data set (i.e. the "Things" that are your manufacturing assets) over to a different server.  The manufacturing apps are powered by ThingWorx, so assuming you have installed the developer kit, you can navigate to the composer from the manufacturing apps: simply say http://<yourThingWorxHost>:<yourPort>/Thingworx and you'll be taken to the composer.  From there, you can search for the "Thing" you want to build a mashup for, and use the provided data model to create a mashup - or add additional properties and use those properties to create your mashup.

Thanks,

Milan

Let me expand on Milan's response.

1. Manufacturing apps are extensions on top of Thingworx Platform. With the proper licensing, you should have access to Thingworx Composer.

2. The UI what you see in Manufacturing apps are Mashups. There are some customization points on updating those Mashups. Those are documented in the Manufacturing apps Customization guide.

3. You can copy/update or build Mashups from scratch depending on your need. The advantage is you can leverage underlying data model and services.

4. It is your choice whether to build Mashups/apps from Scratch or modifying existing ones or add to the list of apps. These are sample apps to get started quickly. However we expect customers/partners to customize to meet their needs.

You can find some tutorials in Manufacturing app portal https://www.ptc.com/en/thingworx/manufacturing-apps/Dashboard/Get-Started (Look for Step 5 in the Learning section).

Thanks,

Varathan

Hi Varathan,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.  Now I got it.

Hema

Top Tags