cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Shifts

wire
4-Participant

Shifts

Hello, I'm trying to work with the planned operation time. At this plant, it is a three shift system and first shift starts at 7 am. Is there a way to work with the planned production time clock without upsetting it's need to be within one calendar day? Right now when I say something like 7am and set the duration to 23:59, it will not let me. 

Also, I'm not 100% sure how the OEE quality and performance math works. Because of shifts, we reset out parts count at the end of every shift, so there will be three drops to zero in any production day. Will this be alright for the calculator?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
hchanana
16-Pearl
(To:wire)

Hi @wire ,

The second field in Planned Operation time under general information of asset is duration and not the end time of the shift. So if you enter 07:00 AM for start time and 09:00 for the duration (9 hours from 08:00 am to 04:00 pm).

Multi shift is not available out of the box. With current implementation of manufacturing apps, we are limited when it comes to time management in general. We are planning to implement this feature in future releases.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Thanks,

Himanshu

wire
4-Participant
(To:hchanana)

Thank you for your response. What about the calculator working with the tags that resets at the begining at every shift?

If I say the machine is supposed to run for 23 hours and 59 min a day, but the tag for good count resets every 8 hours. How will this effect the calculation for quality? 

I see that quality is = Good Count / Total Count since beginning of the planned operation time . So I've set the planned operation time to cover shifts 1 and 2 (Start at 7 am, 16 hour duration), leaving out shift 3 for the sake of the planned operation time rules. When the Good Count and Total Count number number reset in the middle of the planned operation time, because right now they reset with the shift, will the calculator use the zero? Or will it know to keep adding to the Good Count and Total Count number?

For example. Planned operation time goes from 7 am to 11 pm. There is a shift change at 3 pm. At 2:50 pm, Good Count = 40, Total Count = 45. When 3 pm hits, Good Count = 0, Total Count = 0. Will the built in calculator be able to know that it should not say (0 (good) / 0 (total)) / (the 8 hours that have already passed). Will it know to do something like (40 (good) / 45 (total)) / (the 8 hours that have already passed), despite the tags for Good and Total both reading 0?

Thanks

Top Tags