cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Thingworx 8.1.3 License Issue

SaranKarthick
16-Pearl

Thingworx 8.1.3 License Issue

Hi all,

I'm installing Thingworx 8.1.3 for manufacturing apps. I had followed the steps given in the article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS271439 . The problem is after changing the license file to "license_capability_respone.bin" i'm getting the errors "Unable to retrieve license from FNO server because Unable to acquire twx_composer: Requested feature's hostid does not match system hostid.[Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@1a7303f6". But if i change the filename to "341_license_capability_respone.bin" the composer is loading but the services "GetCurrentLicenseInfo" is returning error. Please advice.

Thanks and regards,

Saran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @SaranKarthick.

The license file you provided via email does not  include ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps--it actually appears to be a temporary license provided by PTC.  I also checked your entitlements and confirmed that you do not currently own ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps.   As a Partner, you will need to contact your Partner rep to acquire this entitlement.

By renaming the license file as you did, it renders the license invalid allowing you limited access to Composer.  The service to use for obtaining the Device ID is GetInstanceID.  A file should also get created in /ThingworxPlatform called licenseRequestFile.txt that contains this Device ID.

Once you have obtained the needed entitlements, if you still have issues, I recommend opening a case as a WebEx may be needed to work through the issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @SaranKarthick.

Can you confirm the name of your license file?  There is a typo in the name you provided in your post but that could just be a typo.  The name should be license_capability_response.bin.

You indicated you followed the steps in the article, but which steps did you follow?  Knowing this would help to determine where to look for the cause of the issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley,

Thanks for your reply. There is no typo in the license file name. In the message it was given incorrectly. I'm follwing the "disconnected scenario" steps of the article. I have manually downloaded the license file and renamed it and then i got the issue.

Regards

Saran

Hi @SaranKarthick.

Please send me a private message containing the license file.  I need to check that it contains the necessary entitlements.

Regards.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @SaranKarthick.

The license file you provided via email does not  include ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps--it actually appears to be a temporary license provided by PTC.  I also checked your entitlements and confirmed that you do not currently own ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps.   As a Partner, you will need to contact your Partner rep to acquire this entitlement.

By renaming the license file as you did, it renders the license invalid allowing you limited access to Composer.  The service to use for obtaining the Device ID is GetInstanceID.  A file should also get created in /ThingworxPlatform called licenseRequestFile.txt that contains this Device ID.

Once you have obtained the needed entitlements, if you still have issues, I recommend opening a case as a WebEx may be needed to work through the issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @SaranKarthick.

Since we communicated outside this posting regarding a solution, please post a reply with the solution to your issue and mark it as the Accepted Solution.  This will serve to benefit others on the community who may be experiencing similar issues.  Your compliance will be greatly appreciated!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags