cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Thingworx AMU Email notifications are not working

AR_10412166
5-Regular Member

Thingworx AMU Email notifications are not working

Hello community,

Email notifications are not being triggered for Alarm events. I have successfully configured the alarms, and the events are being triggered as expected, visible in the UI. However, I am not receiving the corresponding email notifications.

I have verified that the mail server was properly configured, and I tested it by sending a test email by executing send message service in PTC.FSU.CORE.Notification.Notification_TG  Thing.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? Any input or assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AR_10412166
5-Regular Member
(To:SebB)

Thank you Seb for your response!

I have received information from the support team that the subscriptions responsible for triggering email notifications were disabled in PTC.FSU.CORE.Process.ProcessQueue_TM. After enabling these subscriptions, the email notifications are now functioning properly.

Appreciate your help here!

To keep the community informed about this issue, I am marking it as the solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:AR_10412166)

Hey @AR_10412166 

it might be an issue with the spam blocker on our email account.

I had issues in the past where automatic email's from ThingWorx would not come through because of a spam blocker.

Even if you received the email that sent manually using the SendMail service on the Thing, many spam blocker are also looking at the syntax of the message and not only on the sender.

You could try the following, add the email account that you have configured as sender in AMU, as contact in our email account.

You can also try to change the message content in the AMU alert configuration, to be different from the default.

Seb

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC
AR_10412166
5-Regular Member
(To:SebB)

Thank you Seb for your response!

I have received information from the support team that the subscriptions responsible for triggering email notifications were disabled in PTC.FSU.CORE.Process.ProcessQueue_TM. After enabling these subscriptions, the email notifications are now functioning properly.

Appreciate your help here!

To keep the community informed about this issue, I am marking it as the solution.

Top Tags