cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Thingworx platform configuration failed

vxavier
13-Aquamarine

Thingworx platform configuration failed

117991A0.PNG

It failed on configuration. What could it be?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings Vinicius,

Please confirm these were the steps followed to troubleshoot this problem:

1. After the install failed on the PostgreSQL step, we opened the 'Factory-Installer.log' located here: <Install directory>\ThingWorxManufacturingApps

We could see an instance of this error message: "Failed to load SQL modules into the database cluster"

Following Polina's recommendation in this thread, we allowed additional user-level permissions for the install directory (in the Windows directory Properties, within the Security tab).

2. The "ThingWorx Platform Configuration Failed" error was alleviated by following recommendation number 3 from this post:

"If the installer has stopped at approximately 90% complete, and 5 minutes have elapsed, start the ThingWorx Servlet Engine Service manually from this directory in the Windows Explorer:

<Install path>\ThingWorxManufacturingApps\PTC_Servlet_Engine\bin\thingworxServerw.exe"

Best regards,

Steven M

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:vxavier)

Hello, Vinicius Xavier.

I'll find a resource to help you with this.

Steven Marchessault​ do you have any suggestions here?

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

Greetings Craig and Vinicius,

Craig-- yes, our team can surely assist with getting this install working.

Vinicius-- to troubleshoot the problem you are having, we will need to first confirm the following:

What is the Windows operating system you are using for this installation?

Are the .NET 3.5 and 4.5 Frameworks installed?

Was ThingWorx previously installed on this PC?

Best regards,

Steven M

Thank you Craig and Steven,

The OS is Windows 7 Enterprise SP 1

I believe I have installed both frameworks.

The first time that I tried to install I got this message.

Thanks,
Vinícius.

Greetings Vinicius,

Please confirm these were the steps followed to troubleshoot this problem:

1. After the install failed on the PostgreSQL step, we opened the 'Factory-Installer.log' located here: <Install directory>\ThingWorxManufacturingApps

We could see an instance of this error message: "Failed to load SQL modules into the database cluster"

Following Polina's recommendation in this thread, we allowed additional user-level permissions for the install directory (in the Windows directory Properties, within the Security tab).

2. The "ThingWorx Platform Configuration Failed" error was alleviated by following recommendation number 3 from this post:

"If the installer has stopped at approximately 90% complete, and 5 minutes have elapsed, start the ThingWorx Servlet Engine Service manually from this directory in the Windows Explorer:

<Install path>\ThingWorxManufacturingApps\PTC_Servlet_Engine\bin\thingworxServerw.exe"

Best regards,

Steven M

Announcements

Top Tags