cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Uninstall, remove or delete TWX Apps (Core, AMU 2.0.3)

nquirindongo
9-Granite

Uninstall, remove or delete TWX Apps (Core, AMU 2.0.3)

I have been looking in the Help Center and the PTC Community on how to uninstall, remove or delete TWX Apps (AMU 2.0.3) and based on an article from 2023 this is not supported by PTC. Is this still the case? Please advise.

ThingWorx HA 9.4.1

Resources:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi nquirindongo.

As you already found, uninstalling AMU is not officially supported.
As a quick workaround, you could disable all the timers and schedulers related to AMU, there's only a dozen or so, and remove the tag bindings on all your Attributes (to prevent Valuestream from bloating up). This will essentially disable AMU, nothing will process unless you click on buttons. I would suggest that you take a note of everything you disable this way, in case you want to turn it back on in the future.

I'm curious : why do you want to uninstall AMU?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi nquirindongo.

As you already found, uninstalling AMU is not officially supported.
As a quick workaround, you could disable all the timers and schedulers related to AMU, there's only a dozen or so, and remove the tag bindings on all your Attributes (to prevent Valuestream from bloating up). This will essentially disable AMU, nothing will process unless you click on buttons. I would suggest that you take a note of everything you disable this way, in case you want to turn it back on in the future.

I'm curious : why do you want to uninstall AMU?

Thank you for the confirmation and the tips on how to disable it. Right now AMU 2.0.3 doesn't fit our business.

I will give a precision : 

• If you remove Thingworx entirely, this would also remove AMU. But don't forget AMU has an extra database on top of Thingworx's.
  • If you want to disable the AMU stuff and keep Thingworx working, looking at my test 2.0.3 server this should be the list of Timers and Schedulers to disable, some of them may already be disabled : 
    • Timer PTC.FSU.CORE.Alarm.Escalation_TM.
    • Timer PTC.FSU.CORE.EventModel.AttributeValueProcessing_TM.
    • Timer PTC.FSU.CORE.Process.CustomEvent_TM.
    • Timer PTC.FSU.CORE.Process.ProcessQueue_TM.
    • Timer PTC.FSU.CORE.Process.ProductionEvent_TM.
    • Timer PTC.FSU.CORE.Process.WasteEvent_TM.
    • Timer PTC.SCA.SCO.MnfgCommonModelsTimerThing.
    • Timer PTC.SCA.SCO.KPIEngineTimerThing (may be missing because it's for RTPPM).
    • Scheduler PTC.DBConnection.HistoricalDataPurgeScheduler.
    • Scheduler PTC.FSU.CORE.EventModel.DispatchEvent_SL.
    • Scheduler PTC.FSU.CORE.EventModel.ProductionEventCompletion_SL.
    • Scheduler PTC.FSU.CORE.EventModel.PurgeValueStream_SL.
    • Scheduler PTC.SCA.SCO.MnfgCommonAttributeReadSchedulerThing.
    • Scheduler PTC.SCA.SCO.MnfgCommonModelsPurgeSchedulerThing (may be missing because it's from a previous version).
    • There's 5 Audit Schedulers : AuditArchiveScheduler, AuditArchiveSchedulerDirectPersistence, AuditArchiveCleanupScheduler, AuditPurgeScheduler, AuditArchiveCleanupNotificationScheduler. Those are Thingworx platform and not related to AMU, so you should not be disabling them.
    • Don't forget to remove the tag bindings on the properties.
Top Tags