cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Work shifts weekly plan

Iker
6-Contributor

Work shifts weekly plan

Hello,

I'm trying to configure the work shifts in MFA and it seems that the work shift configuration is only for a daily configuration. Is there any way to configure the shifts for a weekly plan?? 

For example: 

M-F: 3 x 8-hour shifts

S: 1 x 10-hour shift

Sn: No shifts 

Thanks.

Regards,

Iker

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abhkumar
13-Aquamarine
(To:Iker)

Hi @Iker 

Asset has a property ShiftScheduleUID  you need to supply the UID generated for ShiftSchedules, However, only one shiftscheduleUID  can be associated at a time. If  your Assets have different shift on weekday's and different on Saturday and Sunday then you manually need to update the ShiftScheduleUID property of the Asset accordingly.

Thanks

Abhishek Kumar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
abhkumar
13-Aquamarine

Hi @Iker 

You can create multiple shifts . For example if you want to create different shifts for Weekday, Weekend and on Holidays (different pattern of working on each day).

Sites, shift schedules, and shifts are all created from the shift manager thing PTC.SCA.SCO.DefaultShiftManager in ThingWorx Composer, using services found on the Services page.

Sites: Used for provide an input  Time zone. Means on which time you are working. If time zone field left blanks, it assume the time zone of server time on which ThingWorx is hosted. If you are providing Time-zone as input specified as an offset from the UTC ( example, for the EST, specify -04:00; for IST , specify +5:30.)

CreateSites service is used to create site. (* it has no resembles from site that is present in manufacturing apps )

ShiftSchedules:  Used to create different pattern(working style)  let say Weekday, Weekend or Holiday. For example your factory  works 24 hours on weekdays and 12 hours on weekend, then you create different shift schedules for  weekdays and weekend .

CreateShiftSchedules service used to create shift. Only one Site (time zone ) will be associated with ShftSchedules.

Shifts: Used to define  different working hours on Shift Schedules . For example if your factory runs on 24 hours on weekdays in 3 shift Morning ( 5 am to 2 PM) Afternoon (2 PM to10 PM  ) Night (10PM to 5 AM) . You can create these different  shifts for every shift schedules. Same for weekend shift schedule you can different shifts. One shift schedules can have multiple shifts . (* It is recommended not to have overleaping shift hours )

CreateShifts service used for creating shifts

For more details on creation of  sites, shiftschedules and shift follow  the link

Thanks

Abhishek

Iker
6-Contributor
(To:abhkumar)

Hi

I understood that I can create multiple shifts (weekdays, weekends, holidays,...) but my question is if these different shifts are applied automatically. I mean, I want that from Monday to Friday it automatically applies the weekdays' shift schedule, on Saturdays it automatically applies the Saturdays' shift schedule and on Sundays, the Sundays' shift schedule. Is this possible?? Or do I need to change the shift schedule applied by myself?

Thank you.

Regards,
Iker

abhkumar
13-Aquamarine

Hi @Iker 

Asset has a property ShiftScheduleUID  you need to supply the UID generated for ShiftSchedules, However, only one shiftscheduleUID  can be associated at a time. If  your Assets have different shift on weekday's and different on Saturday and Sunday then you manually need to update the ShiftScheduleUID property of the Asset accordingly.

Thanks

Abhishek Kumar

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:abhkumar)

Hi @Iker.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags