cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Pack and go from Model Manager

Ale_Marchetti
3-Visitor

Pack and go from Model Manager

I have a project stored in my Model Manager installation (models and drawings).

I have to send my project to my customer that is also using Creo Direct/Modeling but without Model Manager.

Is there a quick way to export model and drawings in a single zip file? The task is easy for the 3d-model, but I don't find the way to automatically collect all drawings related to this design.

4 REPLIES 4

Hello Ale

You should export sdexp format. SDEXP format has been designed to share between different Model Manager instances. A SDEXP file will contain all useful data including: 3D files and assies, 2D files, meta data, change notes and how to load this material in Modeling/Annotation.

I guess I'm not able to follow your istructions, but:

1) If I export the masterdata of the main assembly the system create a complete 3d file but just the 2d drawing related to that masterdata, and it misses all other drawings of subparts and subassemblies contained in the main assembly.

2) If I export the 3d model of the mai assembly, the system gives to me just the complete main assembly and nothing else.

3) If I export a certain package, all things in that package are exported but it is possibile that other parts of subassembly are missed due to the fact that they are stored in a different package.

The SDEXP File contains "only" a single Drawing because only one Drawing can be loaded in Annotation at a time,
so SDEXP basically simulates a "load from Model Manager".
If you want to export all Drawings of all subassemblies/parts of a bigger assembly, you would need to develop some Java customization.
However, even if you have managed to export all drawings, the "receiver" of this data would still have to load one drawing at a time.

Thank you Max.

I understand your answer, IMHO this a very basic feature that should be included in the standard installation of Creo Direct/Modeling or Creo/Direct Model Manager, at the same way that all other M-CAD softwares do.

I work as free lance designer and if I have to send a whole design to a customer it may be the case that I should recollect 2/300 drawings picking one-by-one in the Model Manager folders. This way to operate is very slow and not very resilient to errors.

Regards, Alessandro.

Top Tags