cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

About the post about Creo

SmallCrucianCar
14-Alexandrite

About the post about Creo

Dear Administrator,
Take steps to prevent me from posting about Creo, as it wastes time to translate and read.

15 REPLIES 15

Right, that's really annoying.
With many of these misplaced posts, you also don't realize that they are not intended for "Creo Elements Direct" because the info is too sparse.

How about a confirmation prompt.
"Are you sure you are creating a post in the Creo Elements Direct section?".

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

How about not naming it new every season ?

Everybody knows Autocad or Solidworks as brand, but nobody what SolidDesigner is now.

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender

Hi,

if you want have a look

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Community-Feedback/Incorrectly-placed-posts-in-the-wrong-forum/m-p/849614

Lets hope for the best 😎

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Here is a suggestion,  The CoCreate users forum allows a signature to automatically be added to posts.  If we could do that here, then we can add to the signature which piece of software we are using.  That way, if a post is accidentally posted on the wrong forum, it will be quick to find.

https://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/index.php

Regards

Tom

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0
AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:ThomasKirkman)

Hi Tom, you can add a signature on this community as well. You can set that signature under the Personal Information tab in your settings. This link will take you directly there. Personal - My settings - PTC Community 

AndrewK_0-1674165584902.png

Also, as @FriedhelmK mentioned, we are working on some better messaging to try and guide new community members when posting, so stay tuned for that.

Hello Andrew
the possibility to enter a signature escaped me as well.
Ok, then we will give that a try.

Hello Andrew
The previous mail shows as signature only
Best regards
FriedhelmK
In the picture you can see what I have entered.
Am I doing something wrong?

FriedhelmK_0-1674171428971.png

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:FriedhelmK)

The platform imposes a size restriction on signatures which is 48px (this works out to two lines), so the rest of your signature is being cut off. This is something I can bring up with the community team. It may be possible to increase that size limit.

Hello Andrew

Ahh, so that's what is meant by "get ready to get creative". 😂

FriedhelmK_1-1674229566347.png

Ok, why not keep it short and sweet. Brevity is the spice of life.
Two lines of info and the "Best regards" I write myself.

As a comparison how it looks in the German forum. Stands on the left of the contribution. Practical because the monitors become always only wider and not higher.

FriedhelmK_2-1674230140937.png

Systeminformationen – CAD.de

By the way, is there a test forum somewhere on this platform where you can try things out without getting on other people's nerves?

So, next try. I'm curious how it comes over this time. 

Best regards

Friedhelm (<- until here manualy written by my own)

AndrewK
Community Manager

Hi @FriedhelmK There isn't a test forum, but we do have an off-topic forum and the feedback forum which you already posted on. PTCooler "OffTopic" - PTC Community Also, every time you update your signature it will update on your past posts, so you can look at those as you make changes to see what it looks like.

Another possibility (in addition to those already mentioned) is to add "CoCreate" to the group name(s). 

It would be easiest to do it only at the top level (i.e. "Creo Elements Direct" becomes "Creo Elements Direct (CoCreate)" but then it still likely would be confusing to all the folks that already are posting in the wrong sub-forums.

To help that situation, each of the sub-forums could be renamed as well . For example, this forum could be rename "CoCreate Modeling" or "Modeling (CoCreate)". This would (very likely) significantly reduce the number of posts made in the wrong forums. Even if people don't know the CoCreate name, having that in the title would at least give them an idea that the forum might not be the right one. 

As it currently stands, a significant number of the posts in these forums are in the wrong place (which isn't good for anyone).

Would there be any harm in doing something like this? Just trying to make it easier for all involved.

Thanks for listening!

andy

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:SmallCrucianCar)

Hi everyone, as mentioned, we've been working on advisory messages for posting on the community. I wanted to share what I was working on for the Creo Elements Direct boards and get your feedback, since it was this conversation that prompted this.

AndrewK_0-1675703521574.png

I like it.

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Hello Andrew,

This looks very good.
Visitors should see that and react accordingly.
Had another idea, but of course do not know if that works.
Can you make what is framed in red in the picture appear on the page in bold letters?
Wish everyone a nice weekend.

FriedhelmK_0-1676123801711.png

AndrewK
Community Manager

Hi @FriedhelmK, that's a great idea. If you go to the broader "CAD" category it can be confusing which sub-category each board is a part of. I've made the product names bold like you suggested. Hopefully, between that and the advisory message we will see fewer misplaced posts. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and contributions!

Top Tags