cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Cabling - specify where cable can NOT go

CreoCarlos
6-Contributor

Cabling - specify where cable can NOT go

Hi all,

I am trying to use the cabling module to create hoses. Is there a way to make sure a cable does not go through geometry?

For instance, in the picture below, I have a hose that must go free from the corner but must go where the cable-cramp is. I have solved this by adding a point that the cable goes through, however this means i have to move the point in order to get a good bend using trial and error. Is there a way around this?

CreoCarlos_0-1639477836542.png

4 REPLIES 4
ndodelova
4-Participant
(To:CreoCarlos)

I think, your issue is related to Creo Parametric Cabling. 
Here are only the issues for Creo Elements/Direct Cabling covered. 
Please move your issue to the categories of Creo Parametric. 
By the way, it is easy to do such routings through cable cramps with Creo Elements/Direct Cabling. 

Do you use Networks?

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Adding additional location points to the cable spline as you suggest is the way to control the shape of the cable routing. There are techniques you can employ. For instance if a location is on an axis then you can drag it along that axis to get a dynamic real time visual on how the resulting cable spline will look. In creo 8/9 you can create geodesic curves that go around geometry and then you could route through that curve.

Lars_F
12-Amethyst

Hi,

I concur with DevinHahne and Chris3

Use network and add the network point(s) to planes, curves, axes or sketches to determine the path for the hose.

Attached is a video where the first network point is on a plane and you can move it in any direction. The second network point is on an axis and its movement is limited to that axis. The wire routing updates as you move the network point.

You do not have to have a network though but it is a good practice. You can also use "simple route" for the wire (hose) and "Insert Locations" to the wire. These location points can also be added to any planes, axes, curves, etc.

Br,
Lars
Top Tags