cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Face pull on multiple parts

Deguza
1-Newbie

Face pull on multiple parts

Hello all:

I have several identical parts. I would like to make them all 3 inches shorter.

How can I do this without going through the face pull menus for each?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FriedhelmK
17-Peridot
(To:Deguza)

Hello Deguza,

if you copy parts you create independent parts and you have to change each individually.

If you create shared parts instead you just need to change only one part to change all copies of the original.

Look in the help for more detailed information about copy and shared part.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

Hello Deguza,

if you copy parts you create independent parts and you have to change each individually.

If you create shared parts instead you just need to change only one part to change all copies of the original.

Look in the help for more detailed information about copy and shared part.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

I've read about the "shared parts" and am able to create them.

How about making a set of existing parts shared? Can this be done?

Thanks,

Deguza

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

Hello Deguza,

no, that's not possible.

You'd have to position the parts with the function shared part again.

Top Tags