cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

G3 surface condition for a nose cone - help

78finn
4-Participant

G3 surface condition for a nose cone - help

Hi there,

I am trying to model a nose cone/end surface with G3 surface conditions (as shown in the image below/ZIP file of model attached). I am using PTC Creo 7.0.

Nose Cone 2.png

I have sketched a number of reference lines to control the length/width/depth of my surfaces, as well as adding ribbon surfaces. All of the spines in style have G3 end conditions (including the internal influencing spline). I am seeing the error reference a lot:

"The cross curves are not connected with the same continuity as the connection"

I am not sure what this error message is referring to or how I should be modelling this feature to achieve a G3 surface? If you can help me out, I would really appreciate it!

3 REPLIES 3
78finn
4-Participant
(To:78finn)

Attached is the equivalent G2 nose cone. So simple...I'm not sure why the G3 version is so much more difficult to achieve?

78finn
4-Participant
(To:78finn)

Has anyone on here been able to create a G3 nose cone using style? I'm beginning to think that it is a limitation of Creo, as this is an easy thing to achieve in both SolidWorks and NX. Creo seems to make every operation about 3 times as much work lol 🙂

You are actually in the wrong group. This is Creo Elements/Direct Modeling.  Direct modeling can create surfaces, and then connect them to create a solid.  It can use parametric and formulas, you can also do it free with just sketches.

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0
Top Tags