cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Import of step file

NP_9920158
4-Participant

Import of step file

Dear all,

I'm using Creo Direct Modeling Express 8.0 and I'm not able to import Step file.

I can save my 3D in step files, but I can't open a general step file created by others.

Is it there any setting to be able to open this file?

If the free licence of this software is limiting this possibility, is there any designer that has found a converter to pk2 file or something like this?

Thanks for the reply.

Nicola

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NP_9920158
4-Participant
(To:FriedhelmK)

Hi Friedhelm,

thanks for your reply.

Actually after your mail I had realized that I was confusing between .stl and .step.

So actually the problem is that I have to find a good converter from .stl to step.

Then I will be able to manage the file also in Modeling.

Thanks again.

Have a nice day.

Nicola

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Nicola,

what you are describing is very strange.

The restrictions are intended to prevent commercial use of the program.

Export of .step would be a function that could be used commercially.

On the other hand, the user should be able to load external data to show how easy it is to continue working with it.

I cannot say something about version 8 because I am unable to install it. always abort with error message or the program does not start.

I have version 6 and add a picture where you can see the various loading + export options that are available there and that work as well.

Best regards

Friedhelm

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
NP_9920158
4-Participant
(To:FriedhelmK)

Hi Friedhelm,

thanks for your reply.

Actually after your mail I had realized that I was confusing between .stl and .step.

So actually the problem is that I have to find a good converter from .stl to step.

Then I will be able to manage the file also in Modeling.

Thanks again.

Have a nice day.

Nicola

Top Tags