cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Inspection Dimension

utm_2006
7-Bedrock

Inspection Dimension

Hello everyone

Could someone give me instruction how to add frame  for inspection dimension in Creo Direct Modeling/Annotation 20.0.

The only possibility I found is to add balloon frame to dimension, but result is not nice and is not work for a single number see picture 1, but wish to have it like a std one see picture 2. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stevegut
5-Regular Member
(To:utm_2006)

Looks like the command is stripping out any leading/trailing spaces for both the prefix/postfix.  

The alternative would be to write a small dialog that would work at the drafting level.  Attached is a simple example using the IKIT interface.  Copy/paste this into Annotator (or load it from a file) and execute the new command single_digit_balloon.  Select the dimension, and a single space will be entered for both the prefix/postfix.  There is no real checking going on here, that would require additional effort.  steveg

(in-package :docu)
(use-package :oli)

(sd-defdialog 'single_digit_balloon
:variables '(
(DIM :selection s_docu_dimension)
)
:ok-action '(let (part address curr-part)
(setq part (docu-selitem-pid dim))
(setq address (docu-get-me-ptr dim))
(sd-execute-annotator-command :cmd
(format nil "EDIT_PART '~A' ADD_DIM_PREFIX ' ' POINTER '~A'"
part address))
(format nil "EDIT_PART '~A' ADD_DIM_POSTFIX ' ' POINTER '~A'"
part address))
)
)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
stevegut
5-Regular Member

You could add a prefix and/or postfix to the single digit dimension.  If you add a space character, the result  would then be oblong and would not impact the value if you later modify the geoemtry in any way.

It helps, but only if i add 2 spaces is not accept 1 space, and result is really ugly.

stevegut
5-Regular Member

Looks like the command is stripping out any leading/trailing spaces for both the prefix/postfix.  

The alternative would be to write a small dialog that would work at the drafting level.  Attached is a simple example using the IKIT interface.  Copy/paste this into Annotator (or load it from a file) and execute the new command single_digit_balloon.  Select the dimension, and a single space will be entered for both the prefix/postfix.  There is no real checking going on here, that would require additional effort.  steveg

(in-package :docu)
(use-package :oli)

(sd-defdialog 'single_digit_balloon
:variables '(
(DIM :selection s_docu_dimension)
)
:ok-action '(let (part address curr-part)
(setq part (docu-selitem-pid dim))
(setq address (docu-get-me-ptr dim))
(format nil "EDIT_PART '~A' ADD_DIM_PREFIX ' ' POINTER '~A'"
part address))
(format nil "EDIT_PART '~A' ADD_DIM_POSTFIX ' ' POINTER '~A'"
part address))
)
)

Hello

I push solved before to check the solution, in my case didn't help.

stevegut
5-Regular Member

What was the issue with the proposed solution?  What did it do on your side?

steveg

Hello

I created a .lsp file in NOTE and inserted inside folder : C:Users\....\AppData\Roaming\PTC\Creo Elements Direct Modeling 20.0\20.0\ANNOTATION\Default_Settings

and after start Creo Elem. nothing changed.

Second step was loaded .lsp file direct to an opened Creo Elem. Software didn't show any warnings or issues.

stevegut
5-Regular Member

It is not sufficient to just load the file.  As specified in the description, loading the file will create a new command called single_digit_balloon.  After you create a balloon dimension with a single digit, execute the command (type it into the command line) single_digit_balloon.  This command will prompt you to select a dimension with a balloon and then will automatically add a space to both the prefix and postfix so that the balloon is no longer round.  This new command does no verification that the dimension is a single digit dimension.

Thank you for additional comment, it works fine.

you save me 🙂

Top Tags