cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

May somebody have a quick look at this?

ptc-5402981
1-Newbie

May somebody have a quick look at this?

Hi

I'm lost. I have 2 Workplanes and i would like to create a solid.

Thank you very much

Andy

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Andreas,

yes you could use the loft funktion .

Have a look at the example.
Create the different workplanes and the geometry
Pay attention that the contours have the same number of vertex points
Create from the workplanes a workplane set
Create the match line
Create the loft.
This is described also in the help

Best regards

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

nano.jpg

That's not very easy in Modeling/Express. You only can use extruding functions.

In full version you have some more possibilities with loft and/or surfaces.

As first steps you perhaps should extrude one workplane and then remove some forms with the other workplane direction. After that finishing the details.

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender

Thank's. I think you have all functions as with full version, at least i can see also loft and surfaces functions

Hello Andreas,

yes you could use the loft funktion .

Have a look at the example.
Create the different workplanes and the geometry
Pay attention that the contours have the same number of vertex points
Create from the workplanes a workplane set
Create the match line
Create the loft.
This is described also in the help

Best regards

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Thank you very much!

I have tried yesterday but didn't manage, but know i can see it more clearly

Andy

Hi Ferdinand

i'M examine your example nano-loft.pk2

You make copies of the workplane for making the set. Now the question. How do you adjust the position of the graph on the copied Workplanes so that it matches the guided curve on the perpendicular workplane?

Andy

Hello Andy,

klick on the 2D-geo then in the minicommandmenu Stretch, startpoint = intersection constuctiongeo and the bow,

endpoint = intersection constuctiongeo and the guided curve.

Another short question.

How can i create a workplane that is perpendicular to another workplane? (And on the position on the line of the other workplane)

An example would be great

Andy

Hi Andy,

I think the pictures will explain it to you

But in reality it is more convenient to copy the existing work plane and to rotate it with the Pole Star 90 °.

I really appreciate your help Friedhelm. Thank you very much!

Andy

Hi

Thank's to Ferdinand's help i managed one part lofting my model.

I have dificulties to loft my head of my modell. I also tried a "Basic sweep" but the result is not what i have expected.

What i want is that the Matchline ML follows a particular line on another Workplane WP (here W2 on the attachment)... Or i'm completely wrong to solve my head with a loft?

Thank's for all the help

Andynano.jpg

Hello Andy,

What i want is that the Matchline ML follows a particular line on another Workplane WP (here W2 on the attachment)...

If you want to follow this contour you need to start just from this workplane.

I have copied the workplane w2 three times and adjusted the geometry approximately with scale to the predetermined shapes of s1.

The inner contour must also be provided with a Matchline

Wow! Thank you Friedhelm. Exactly what i wanted to have.

Thank you very very much

Andy

Great help Friedhelm !

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender

Gern geschehen,

gefällt mir besser als zB. zu Puzzeln.

Ich frag mich nur was das mit dem "Ferdinand" auf sich hat

Danke Matthias, du machst das aber auch so gut wie immer.

You're welcome,

I like that better than eg. to puzzle.

I just wonder what the "Ferdinand" means

Thank you Matthias, you're doing also as good as ever.

Gruss/Best regards

Friedhelm

Friedhelm.

Sorry wegen dem Namen. Ich war nur so begeistert über Deine Hilfe

Ich habe vor einiger Zeit mit Solidworks versucht und seit 3 Tagen mit Creo. So ziemlich verschiedene Systeme...

Ups. i think i have to chance in german subforum. A lot of german speaking help here. I'm right that PTC is a german company?

Andy

Top Tags