cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Modelling Express 6.0 Drill Holes

jnewbould
1-Newbie

Modelling Express 6.0 Drill Holes

Hi I am new to Modelling Express this seams an obvious question but how do I drill a hole in an existing model. I have an STL from a manufaturer for a simple ABS plastic box consisting of 6 parts the base, the lid and the 4 screws. My question is how do I drill a hole in the base I have created a workplane and drawn a circle but I cannot seem to create a hole in the one side of the box. If I use punch it goes through both sides of the base. When I look online there is only reference to the drill command which is not present in modelling express. So how do I do it?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jonathan,

Here are two ways to make .to "a hole"

You can use the pull-commands.

Activate the part and make sure that the switch is set to Remove

Pull.jpg

or

Pull-rotate.jpg

then you have also the cone point of the bore.

Have fun with the program

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Click on a corner of the workplane and pull.  If you pull away from the part, the workplane will create a cylinder, if you pull into the part, material will be removed.  Also you can use the mini toolbar and click on the linear pull profile button and a menu will pop up.

linear pull.JPG

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Hi Jonathan,

Here are two ways to make .to "a hole"

You can use the pull-commands.

Activate the part and make sure that the switch is set to Remove

Pull.jpg

or

Pull-rotate.jpg

then you have also the cone point of the bore.

Have fun with the program

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
Top Tags