cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

MoldDesignAdvisor Ribs

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

MoldDesignAdvisor Ribs

I'm trying to use the MoldDesignAdvisor to create some ribs using the pre-defined Rib Feature, but I am confused about how to do it. The feature calls for a workplane with 2D geometry, but it isn't clear how this workplane and 2D geometry is used to create the rib. The HELP system hasn't been helpful, nor is the graphic in the dialog. Has anyone used this? If so, how is it supposed to work? Is the 2D geometry on the workplane supposed to be the centerline of the rib (and then it is thickened and extruded up the rib height)? Should it be a closed profile which is extruded up the rib height? Or rib thickness?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:PeterKehoe)

I found out how this works, thanks to a discussion with someone at PTC. The profile that you create for the ribs should be the centerline of the rib profile and the workplane should be at the top of the rib (the profile will be created and then extruded to the part.

Top Tags