cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Open Drawing From Model structure

juchida
6-Contributor

Open Drawing From Model structure

I want to open the corresponding drawing in Annotation

when I click the viewset from the Model structure .

It is troublesome because the model and drawing cannot be loaded as a set from Windchill.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:juchida)

There is no data stored in a model file that indicates which drawing(s) it is used in. A drawing has a reference to the model(s) being used in its views, but not the other way around. This makes sense, because a model could be used in one drawing, or in many drawings. You can have more than one model in a drawing, or you might have many drawings showing the progressive stages i part goes through in being manufactured (casting, machining, final grinding, etc.)

It's the same situation with parts and assemblies. An assembly knows all the parts that it is using, but a part does not have any data indicating which assemblies it is being used in.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:juchida)

There is no data stored in a model file that indicates which drawing(s) it is used in. A drawing has a reference to the model(s) being used in its views, but not the other way around. This makes sense, because a model could be used in one drawing, or in many drawings. You can have more than one model in a drawing, or you might have many drawings showing the progressive stages i part goes through in being manufactured (casting, machining, final grinding, etc.)

It's the same situation with parts and assemblies. An assembly knows all the parts that it is using, but a part does not have any data indicating which assemblies it is being used in.

juchida
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

Thank you for your reply. I agree.

Most models and drawings are related one-to-one,

so I wondered if the "Open Related Drawings" function would be possible if Modeling + Windchill could be integrated well. ..

.bdl is easy to handle, isn't it?

Top Tags