cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Re: I get no license from ptc server and can't start ptc creo elements - is the ptc server down??

ptc-4358396
6-Contributor

Re: I get no license from ptc server and can't start ptc creo elements - is the ptc server down??

Marco,

That is interesting. The login I use is of UK origin, but since PTC themselves are a German company I would have expected them to show a more professional approach to GDPR than just cutting all communication with us. I had tried again to use a 72hour key just before I saw this post. As usual, I am informed the key I receive is invalid.

Bill

6 REPLIES 6
mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-4358396)

Bill,

your access to the community and presumed acceptance of privacy conditions, your being without a valid temporary activation key and yet having no license, seem to confirm that I did not know what I was talking about and the GDPR has nothing to do with this.

Unfortunately license check issues are ripetitive and you never know their rhyme and reason or when they are going to be solved.

Let's hope to be read and wait.

Marco

Hi 

I am told by PTC that all questions regarding Creo Elements / Direct Modeling Express are handled by the PTC community.

With regard to periodic licence server problem.

Is this server administered by the PTC community or is it that the community has a method of reporting a problem to PTC or do we just wait for PTC to start the server again. 

Please could you advise.

Yours hopefully

Martin

mcielok
13-Aquamarine
(To:mspeakman)

Hello Martin,

in the past events community managers intervened in the discussions and led the problem on to a solution.

Who are the community managers and who is their maker? I believe they are PTC personnel. Yet this is no guarantee of clear information or quick solution. No rhyme and no reason for me...

Marco

Hi Marco,

Thank you for the update. 

I will wait patiently through gritted teeth.

Have a good weekend.

Best regards

Martin

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4358396)

Last time I checked, PTC is headquartered in the Boston, Massachusetts area and is definitely a US company!

They probably have servers in several countries around the world for more local access to licenses. With that said, PYC should be using a triad of servers for each company so if 1 goes out, licenses could still be obtained. If the network goes down, then that is a different story.

ptc-4358396
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

Regardless of whether or not you think the company is u/s, they certainly have no response to the thousands of users the free version has attracted over the years.

Very disappointing.

Top Tags