cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

2011 KOP?

JoshH
3-Visitor

2011 KOP?

I just had to ask. 2011 KOP available yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The links are also live at http://www.ptc.com/go/firstkop.

Good luck everyone.

mark

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37

Hey Josh,

The KOP are being uploaded to www.ptc.com/go/firstkop.

However in the meantime, you can download them from here.

2011 FRC Kit of Parts - http://apps.ptc.com/schools/2011_FRC_KOP.zip

2011 FRC Field - http://apps.ptc.com/schools/2011_FRC_FOP.zip

Good luck this year.

Thanks,

Mark

The links are also live at http://www.ptc.com/go/firstkop.

Good luck everyone.

mark

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:mfischer)

Thanks Mark!

I new I had to hurry, or I wouldn't get a chance to bug you!

LOL. You keep us on our toes. WE appreciate that.

Have a good weekend.

mark

JoshH
3-Visitor

Ummm, speaking of "on your toes", the jaguar_main_enclosure.prt is still not so nice to deal with. Not really a fan of totally imported geometry, but the fact that it doesn't have default datums or views is what really bugs me.

The color and weight is nice though

CeliaLee
1-Newbie
(To:JoshH)

Named planes and views added.

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:CeliaLee)

Awesome! Thankyou!

Looks like the 2011 FRC KOP is mislabled as 2011 FTC KOP. Confusing. You get the right Zip file, but it is misleading.

Thanks,

Dan Glenn

Yes, dan, we know. Mark has asked that it be updated. Should be done on Monday. Sorry for the confusion. Robin

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:DanGlenn)

Nice catch Dan!

I was still trying to remember how to upload that to Windchill in some sort of organized manner.

Hi Dan. The link has been updated on www.ptc.com/go/firstkop. Sorry for the confusion. Your team and the rest of the FRC teams will be able to download the latest kit and field. Good luck teams. Regards, Mark

JoshH
3-Visitor

Hi Mark,

in the field model HW-00061.prt has bad import geometry. I'd advise teams to just suppress it since it's not really necessary.

DanGlenn
1-Newbie

Josh,

Did you find a good way to upload the KOP and KOF into ProjectLink? I've only used Pro/E with PDMLink. Doesn't seem to be a good way to import the files to a workspace then check-in. What did you end up doing? I know for assemblies, you can bring them up in Pro, then add to workspace and check in, but what about all the other kit parts? Seems like a lot of clicking and no way to maintain the directory structures.

Thanks, Dan

JoshH
3-Visitor

I don't remember how it got done last year and I haven't dug into it yet today.

I could have sworn I imported a zip file and it extracted everything to the folders defined in the zip. It wasn't working the last time I tried though.

Our challenge is that we have about 3 previous seasons' worth of data and there are naming conflicts. The biggest question is whether some of those things already there have been corrected or not. I was reviewing the quality of the PTC models to see if I could blindly overwrite what I already had, but it's starting to look like that won't be such a great idea.

Hi Dan and Josh,

The best method to check them in is via Creo Elements/Pro. While there are a lot of parts....you can open them and save them to the workspace. Then check in the whole workspace to a specific folder. This will also create the viewable version so you can see it in Creo Elements/View.

For the AndyMark models....you can try to open the 2011_c-base_long_with_wheels.asm or 2011_c-base_wide_with_wheels.asm. This is a predefined assembly of the models (most of them). This will help versus opening each one independently.

As for the field....you can open the master assembly and save that.

I realize you have a number of years worth of data in one project. If interested, we can create a new project for your team and you can maintain both. The nice thing is you can copy and paste between them.

If you would like a new project, let us know.

Regards,

Mark

JoshH
3-Visitor

That does sound like the method I had used last year. In the back of my mind I'm still thinking there was a method I had used before to input data and create folder structures in one step (sometimes I get a little carried away with my imagination though! ).

CeliaLee
1-Newbie

Josh,
For a moment, you had me thinking that we had a way to import a folder structure of CAD documents in one step, but then I remembered that import is in the workspace.

I agree that what you imagined sure would be slick.

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:CeliaLee)

What do you mean "that import is in the workspace"?

JoshH
3-Visitor

Please see the attached document for a method of importing multiple documents to your workspace.

Much easier than the Pro/E interface, but still requires that it be uploaded to a ProjectLink Workspace.

uploading multiple files.doc

DanGlenn
1-Newbie

Thanks for the DOC. I don't see the "Tools" menu from the Workspace. Is this a permission issue?

Thanks, Dan

JoshH
3-Visitor

It's in the Pro/E internal browser, but not in the external browser. Is that maybe the problem? I'll have to mention that in the document anyway.

DanGlenn
1-Newbie

Yep, that's it. I can't link a session from here at work so I'll have to wait till I get home to try this. I was hoping there was a "Pro/E Free" way to do this. Thanks, Dan

We've had this issue as well, having 2007, 2009 and 2010 robots on our project. What we did to correct the conflicts was name everything with the year leading the name.

2009_*.*

2010_*.*

2011_*.*

etc

This also made it easy to sort through our workspaces. Puts the robot at the top, and off the shelf parts that you will not be modifying at the bottom of the workspace list.

Thanks for the input Rob. That's a good approach.

I'm thinking of just going with the second project though. We have so data from training, etc. that it might be worth it to clean things up and start with a clean slate.

Hi Josh,

I will be uploading a new Kit of Parts and Field Kit this week. This new kits will address a number of identified issues - naming convention, family tables.

Please take a look at the new kits. I will let you know when they are uploaded.

Regards,

Mark

Will the new KOP be fully featured so we can edit them?

There are a lot of fully-featured parts in the KOP, but not all of them. Things like the Jaguar are imported neutral files. It seems kind of random what's an imported neutral and what is a fully-featured native Pro/E model.

We have debated this many times at PTC and come to the decision that we only create native Pro/E models for the items students will be modifying. For instance, it is highly unlikely that anyone will need to make changes to a Jaguar, a pressure switch or the power distribution board. Since these objects are simply "placed" in an assembly, there is no point in creating native models for them. If there are specific objects that are import geometry now and you would like to have them converted to native, feature based models, please let us know.

Not trying to modify a Jaguar... had a student try to modify the Andy Mark frame components... All we get in the model tree is "Import Feature id 68." Sure, we can add sketches to the model and extrude/cut. So I guess I shouldn't have asked the question.

Top Tags