Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 KOP?

SOLVED

Re: 2011 KOP?

It's in the Pro/E internal browser, but not in the external browser. Is that maybe the problem? I'll have to mention that in the document anyway.

Yep, that's it. I can't link a session from here at work so I'll have to wait till I get home to try this. I was hoping there was a "Pro/E Free" way to do this. Thanks, Dan

Ummm, speaking of "on your toes", the jaguar_main_enclosure.prt is still not so nice to deal with. Not really a fan of totally imported geometry, but the fact that it doesn't have default datums or views is what really bugs me.

The color and weight is nice though

Named planes and views added.

Awesome! Thankyou!

Hi Josh,

I will be uploading a new Kit of Parts and Field Kit this week. This new kits will address a number of identified issues - naming convention, family tables.

Please take a look at the new kits. I will let you know when they are uploaded.

Regards,

Mark

Will the new KOP be fully featured so we can edit them?

There are a lot of fully-featured parts in the KOP, but not all of them. Things like the Jaguar are imported neutral files. It seems kind of random what's an imported neutral and what is a fully-featured native Pro/E model.

We have debated this many times at PTC and come to the decision that we only create native Pro/E models for the items students will be modifying. For instance, it is highly unlikely that anyone will need to make changes to a Jaguar, a pressure switch or the power distribution board. Since these objects are simply "placed" in an assembly, there is no point in creating native models for them. If there are specific objects that are import geometry now and you would like to have them converted to native, feature based models, please let us know.

Not trying to modify a Jaguar... had a student try to modify the Andy Mark frame components... All we get in the model tree is "Import Feature id 68." Sure, we can add sketches to the model and extrude/cut. So I guess I shouldn't have asked the question.