cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

2nd Student edition License

Jimmie713
4-Participant

2nd Student edition License

I have used CREO 3.0 in the past for a university course and was supplied a student license. It has since expired and I am taking another course where the instructor wants the students to use CREO 5.0. I deleted all the old 3.0 files and installed 5.0. However, whenever I update the new student license supplied to the class in the setup, it says success but the Parametric program will not respond in kind. Also, whenever I try to renew my license from the Parametric startup, I enter my username and password and it says customer not verified. Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

in both PDF files, you can find following sentence:

If you had older Creo editions installed on your computer please go to C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing and delete all the older licenses (you can also move them to another folder until the Creo 5.0 is installed). After the folder is empty you can proceed with the next step.

Did you clean C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory before doing new Creo 5.0 installation ?

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

1.] please explain "whenever I update the new student license supplied to the class in the setup"

2.] Product codes for Student licenses

K-12       students can use Product code BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12
University students can use Product code BK500806ED0790-Y3M9-4RW5

See:

https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_unistudent_standard.pdf

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_schools_standard.pdf

Martin Hanák
Jimmie713
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

I had to update it after the initial install because I used an incorrect account password during initial install.

I am using the university license number. It says success during the setup but whenever I open Parametric 5.0, the program says I need to renew my license and the expiration date is consistent with my first university license on CREO 3.0. Whenever I try to log into my student account from this window to try and renew it, I get a customer not verified message.

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

in both PDF files, you can find following sentence:

If you had older Creo editions installed on your computer please go to C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing and delete all the older licenses (you can also move them to another folder until the Creo 5.0 is installed). After the folder is empty you can proceed with the next step.

Did you clean C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory before doing new Creo 5.0 installation ?

Martin Hanák
Jimmie713
4-Participant

I have since deleted the old license in the programdata folder. However, now it doesn't work because the license file is missing. Whenever I try putting in the product code again it says error. I'm just gonna uninstall and attempt again. What's the best way to uninstall?

Jimmie713
4-Participant

I uninstalled all of CREO, redownloaded the intsall files and have since run the setup.exe. My ProgramData/Licensing folder is empty and there are no license files on the license summary of the setup. When I use the BK500806ED0790-Y3M9-4RW5 product code, I get an error message again. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Jimmie713
4-Participant

Got it to work by uninstalling and dragging the emailed license in. Thank you!

Good luck with Creo 5.0 🙂

Martin Hanák
Top Tags