cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Academic License expired

Stijn
3-Visitor

Academic License expired

My Creo 4.0 license has expired. When trying to renew the license error "Hardware id not valid is given".

Stijn_0-1585671508977.png

6 REPLIES 6
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Stijn)

@Stijn wrote:

My Creo 4.0 license has expired. When trying to renew the license error "Hardware id not valid is given".

Stijn_0-1585671508977.png

Hi,

maybe Host Id displayed in dialog box is related to virtual network card. Check output of ipconfig /all command.

Martin Hanák

The host ID in the dialogue box is the same as the MAC adress of my ethernet adapter. (ipconfig /alll)

I am however connected withe a HP port replicator but trying to renew the license with out without connection with the port replicator makes no difference.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@Stijn wrote:

The host ID in the dialogue box is the same as the MAC adress of my ethernet adapter. (ipconfig /alll)

I am however connected withe a HP port replicator but trying to renew the license with out without connection with the port replicator makes no difference.

Hi,

disable all network adapters but Ethernet.

Martin Hanák

Disabeling the network connections did not work. 

When creating a new license key during the installation of a new version of Creo, the HOST ID was the MAC adress form the port replicator. 

I guess during the initial installation, the host ID was the mac adress from the port replicator and during the renewal of the license the host ID was the MAC adress of the built in ethernet adaptor. Hence the invalid host ID.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@Stijn wrote:

Disabeling the network connections did not work. 

When creating a new license key during the installation of a new version of Creo, the HOST ID was the MAC adress form the port replicator. 

I guess during the initial installation, the host ID was the mac adress from the port replicator and during the renewal of the license the host ID was the MAC adress of the built in ethernet adaptor. Hence the invalid host ID.

Hi,

my last advice follows...

Send your reguest via email to academicsupport@ptc.com and to Abdulkarim, Abdul [mailto:akarim@ptc.com]. Provide MAC address.

Martin Hanák

I also get the error message "Hardware id not valid" when trying to renew my Creo 4.0 license. Were you able to resolve this issue with support back then? Would be grateful for a tip.

Top Tags