cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Academic Windchill Server Upgrade Status

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Academic Windchill Server Upgrade Status

Hi everyone,

PTC is in the process of staging the Windchill 11.0 upgrade for the Academic Windchill server and plans to execute the upgrade next month. I will let you know as soon as a upgrade date is chosen to make sure it does not conflict with any activities you might have. PTC typically does the update over a weekend and tries to minimize the downtime as much as possible.

-Scott

35 REPLIES 35
smorris
5-Regular Member
(To:nrensing)

No, I'm assuming your issue has to do with the database indexes and I'm curious if the restart Alex Ouellet‌ announced the other day might have corrected it.

nrensing
5-Regular Member
(To:smorris)

Whatever happened, it now works, thanks!

nrensing
5-Regular Member

We have a strange situation at school, where all the machines are running Creo 3.0 M040, but some are connecting to Windchill, while others have the "Invalid sensor location" error. We've tried removing the PTC folder in the user AppData folders (roaming and local) and clearing the cache multiple times. Others just connect. These computers are configured so that the students log into them with a system wide account, and get their own user folder on each computer. I think, but have not yet proved conclusively, that the problem is tied to the computer, not to the account (in other words, either any student can connect or no student can connect on any particular computer. Any thoughts?

nrensing
5-Regular Member

Update: of my 20 or so computers at school, all running Creo 3.0 M040, one connects using the new dialog box "Creoagent", one connects using the old dialog box (which pops under the Creo screen) , and the rest won't connect at all, giving an "Invalid server location" error. I don't know how quickly we can get our Creo install updated, as these are school computers and we can't do it ourselves.

I'm intrigued by the one computer that connects. The install dates are the same on all the computers, and they're running the same version of Creo

Platform agent - 3.103. Anything else worth checking?

smorris
5-Regular Member

Noa Rensing‌, I'm afraid these machines will need to be updated to M100+ to properly connect to the newly updated Windchill server. PTC has not posted the updated software yet, so I will share it to you in your Windchill project tomorrow morning. Please try to contact me before 2:00 if you run into any issues.

smorris
5-Regular Member

Eh, I couldn't wait. Look for a software folder in your project.

Top Tags