cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Accessing and Using Sensor Data: Mathcad Webinar 4

ChrisHartmann
1-Newbie

Accessing and Using Sensor Data: Mathcad Webinar 4

Week 4 of the Robotalk Webinar season was spent discussing ways of accessing and using sensor data in a Mathcad worksheet. The topic arose organically after a number of FRC & FTC teams forwarded requests for assistance or examples of worksheets that relied upon sensor data. Although I was unable to prepare the opening tutorial prior to the webinar due to a bad, BAD cold, we got a good head start on the topic. Within a week I should have the tutorial video ready. 

As a teaser at the start of the webinar, I showed a demo of Mathcad-Creo Integration using a video created by Mathcad Application Engineer Roger Yeh. The video is a model for both PTC's Product Development Process and PTC's FIRST Robotics Curriculum. Enjoy!

Video Link : 3340

Within PTC's FIRST Robotics Program, we are working hard to provide the training and resources that teams need to learn how to design robots with efficiency and finesse. We don't expect miracles, but we want to make sure that we are leading teams down the correct path so we do our best to align our FIRST programs with our commercial message on best practice engineering.

After presenting Roger's video, I shared six example worksheets that made use of Mathcad Prime's capabilities to manage data, illustrate the data with plots, and perform calculations using data vectors. Each of the example worksheets are attached in a .zip folder. If I have prepared them well, they are self-documenting. Feel free to use the comments box below to ask follow-up questions about the worksheets.

In the coming week I will be working on the aforementioned tutorial video. Be sure to check back in a week or so. Better yet, sign up to follow the FIRST Community on Planet PTC and you will receive an update when new content is posted.

Next week will be Week 1 of Creo on Robotalk. Click here to register for future Robotalk webinars.

Looking forward to seeing you online and in St. Louis!

Chris

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags