cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Adding Constraints to Linear Slides

cjohnson-3
1-Newbie

Adding Constraints to Linear Slides

Hello!

I'm trying to model working drawer slides for the lift on our robot.  I've downloaded this part: McMaster-Carr.  Unfortunately, after I import it it doesn't move at all.  It appears to be a static assembly and I don't know how to add constraints to that.  I've also tried deleting different segments of it so that I have separate parts, and then re-assembling them with slider constraints, but they still don't move.  I was wondering if anyone had any insight into this?  Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:cjohnson-3)

Maybe like this?

Video Link : 6777

Open the attached Creo files and examine the Slider connections. It was pretty easy to do, but I did have to create a few datum planes and axes to get everything to line up. I set each slide to 8" since the McMaster Carr page defined it with 16" of motion. Try reverse engineering it from the STEP files and I'm pretty sure you'll pick it up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:cjohnson-3)

Maybe like this?

Video Link : 6777

Open the attached Creo files and examine the Slider connections. It was pretty easy to do, but I did have to create a few datum planes and axes to get everything to line up. I set each slide to 8" since the McMaster Carr page defined it with 16" of motion. Try reverse engineering it from the STEP files and I'm pretty sure you'll pick it up.

Thank you so much!!  This is really helpful and I'm excited to get a working lift on the robot!

Top Tags