cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Advanced Framework Extension

ptc-5152493
1-Newbie

Advanced Framework Extension

Hi,

I have Creo Parametric 2.0 running on Windows 8 Computer. I have enabled the option "afx_enabled" but I do not see the Framework Tab after restarting the program. I cannot acces the Advanced Framework Extension. Any tips?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Hafeez,

Make sure you're in an assembly when you try to access the Framework tab. This tab will only show up when you have an assembly open in Creo Parametric (I made the same mistake trying to find the tab in a part file).

Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Because of royalty requirements (to be paid by PTC), the AFX module is not available in the free Student edition. To use AFX, you'll need to purchase the Academic edition from store.ptc.com.

Regards,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for quick response. I have attained the Creo software through the PTC Academic sponsorship agreement for Formula SAE teams. The site strongly suggest that we are supposed to have access the AFX tool for building our vehicle frame easily. http://www.ptc.com/company/community/education/sponsorship/

Am I still mistaken?

Thank You,

Hafeez

You should have the academic edition then. Did you install AFX?

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo2_afx.pdf

Hi Adam,

Originally I installed the program without installing afx. Then opened up the installer and added afx after the original program had already been installed. I suspected this was a problem so I uninstalled everything (Creo Paremetric, layout etc.) and did a complete reinstall with the license I had and remembered to check the AFX tool in the "customize" tab which I had missed the first time. I did that and hoped everything would be fine. However once I restarted the program there was still no "Framework" tab. My config.pro file says it is enabled. I enabled it through the configuration editor under file>options>configuration editor in Parametric. I also tried enabling by going straight to the config.pro file in my public douments. No luck with either. Is there a way to manually load the extension without being able to see the tab? Because I am sure it is installed, I searched the extension in my hardrive and found it in the Creo Program Files.

Thanks.

Hafeez

Hi Hafeez,

Make sure you're in an assembly when you try to access the Framework tab. This tab will only show up when you have an assembly open in Creo Parametric (I made the same mistake trying to find the tab in a part file).

Regards,

Chris

Thanks alot PTC team. Problem solved!

Top Tags