cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Assembly-unknown reference

Ramax
9-Granite

Assembly-unknown reference

Hello guys,

I have a weird problem with an assembly. I came across it when I tried to move one part above another (called "Flexelement") in the assembly tree and couldn't do so because Creo claims the part in question references "Flexelement" (see attached picture from reference viewer). The thing is, I have no idea why. 🤔

There is none in the constraints and I also didn't use external references when creating said part (which is called "loadcell" btw.) Hence my question: Is there a way to systematically find the reference using the reference viewer (or sth. else)? Or is it "trial and error"?

If you need further information, I'll try to provide it.

Greetz and thanx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Martin,

thanks a lot. Unfortunately I can't upload my assembly due to intellectual property issues. Anyway, it's good to have confirmation that no means are provided to quickly identify references.

I was able to fix the issue in the meantime by deleting all constraints, moving the part up and then reapplying the exact same constraints (I had checked them a thousand times and am 100 % sure there was no reference to "flexelement", but whatever). My only explanation is there was some weird bug (indeed, my part originally did have references to "flexelement" before I altered its constraints for the first time and Creo must have forgotten to clear them internally). 😄

Greets

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Ramax)

Hi,

it's just mu guess that you created "loadcell" model in context of assembly and you selected Surface from F24(PROFIL_6) feature included in FLEXELEMENT model as reference in Sketcher mode, when creating some "loadcell" feature.

Unfortunatelly I can't give you an advice how to find the reference quickly and easily.

Martin Hanák
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Ramax)

Hi,

please upload your assembly, if you can (pack it into single zip file).

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

thanks a lot. Unfortunately I can't upload my assembly due to intellectual property issues. Anyway, it's good to have confirmation that no means are provided to quickly identify references.

I was able to fix the issue in the meantime by deleting all constraints, moving the part up and then reapplying the exact same constraints (I had checked them a thousand times and am 100 % sure there was no reference to "flexelement", but whatever). My only explanation is there was some weird bug (indeed, my part originally did have references to "flexelement" before I altered its constraints for the first time and Creo must have forgotten to clear them internally). 😄

Greets

Top Tags