cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Availabilty of Creo4 student edition

cadcam
12-Amethyst

Availabilty of Creo4 student edition

we are weeks away from the next academic year and I as wondering when the student edition of Creo4 is going to be released. We have done a lot of work re-potentially moving to 4.0 but are now being asked to commit to upgrading. Is it going to be available for download before the new academic year and is there a list of the functionality   that will be available for use in the home/college room  environment?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
cadcam
12-Amethyst
(To:cadcam)

Probably bad to follow up my own post, but just a comment about availability of student versions.

Although I seem to be pushing for the release of Creo 4.0 can I also request that previous versions are made easily available for students. We were caught by this a number of years ago when we stuck on a previous version of Pro/E-Wildfire-Creo and the students started to down load a later version.  As you cam imagine this caused a significant problem with work done outside the lab being unable to be incorporated in team based project assemblies etc. It would be nice for the various versions to be easily available with a screen grab or specific URLs available to the academic staff to try and ensure the students download the appropriate version.

Regards

MaxGilleland
5-Regular Member
(To:cadcam)

Here at De Anza College in the heart of Silicon Valley we too are planning on going to Creo 4.0 in the Fall. One of our Faculty has even finished the new books.

http://www.deanza.edu/dmt/creo.html

We await with baited breath as I work to deploy the new image in our CAD labs...

Top Tags