cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Beginners Guide - How to Model Almost Anything

MarkCheli
6-Contributor

Beginners Guide - How to Model Almost Anything

How to Model Almost Anything is an in-depth introduction to PTC Creo 2.0 which takes the user through the various aspects of solid modeling.

Table of Contents:

Section 1: Getting Started

Section 2: Part Modeling

Section 3: Assembly Modeling

Section 4: Virtual Laboratory

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/How_to_model_almost_anything.zip

5 REPLIES 5

We have been trying to work with the "How to build almost anything" tutorial from the Getting Started page, but are having problems.  When we try to open any of the Mars Rover files, we just get the message "(filename) could not be retrieved").  These are the only files we have tried to open in the tutorial, thus far.  We've tried it on several different computers and have tried re-downloading the tutorial package, all to no avail.  We are running Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Schools Edition, date code M160.  Should the tutorial files work with this version?  Do we need to update Creo or use Creo 2.0 instead and, if so, will we be able to install Creo 2.0 without having to make changes with our license server?

Thanks,

Stephen Barner

South Burlington High School

Yes, you will need to update to Creo 2.0. The version you have is a couple versions back. Files are always forward compatible but not backward.

Regards,

Adam

Will we need to update the licenses on our license server?

--Steve

Steve,

If you are using a license server, you will need to uninstall the current and upgrade to the Creo 2.0 license server using a new product code (to generate the license).

I am not very involved with the RWDC but it is my understanding that when your team registered, the person registering received information about this season's software requirements. This should contain the required information.

Regards,

Adam

I see #5 is missing... how to -draw- anything in Creo 2.0

When it comes to training people how to use any CAD software, the problem is rarely modeling... the real slowdown comes when they have to create documentation.  This is where the rubber meets the road.  When you are fighting the software, you are not concentrating on what is really important.  This is not just Creo, this is every major CAD software. 

"I would kill for a pencil and some Velum!" 

Top Tags