cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

CREO - Pro 5.0 Student Installation Error Message: Intenet Connection

ptc-4242810
1-Newbie

CREO - Pro 5.0 Student Installation Error Message: Intenet Connection

When I try to install the Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Student Edition from the disk it gives me an error message that states: This mode requires an internet connection to access PTC.com.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is not an error message, it is warning you that if you use method "A. Automatically generate license file (online mode)" you have to be connected to the internet. If your computer cannot be online (may school computers do not have access to the internet), you will have to use the offline method.

9-15-2013 8-50-31 PM.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I think I am having a similar problem. When it is time to locate the license file I only have the option of using the offline license, and not connecting to the server or a server license. Could this an issue with ports being blocked on my end? If so what is Pro|E looking for? When I install Wildfire 4 I can direct it to a port but there is no option in 5.

Same here.

Woah 2 year necro.

You can Install in Run as Administrator of Window.

1.jpg

This is not an error message, it is warning you that if you use method "A. Automatically generate license file (online mode)" you have to be connected to the internet. If your computer cannot be online (may school computers do not have access to the internet), you will have to use the offline method.

9-15-2013 8-50-31 PM.png

But I'm at home, and it still doesn't work.

(I just sent a support ticket asking for an offline license)

Top Tags