cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Can't Open Creo Student

pjuncker
1-Newbie

Can't Open Creo Student

Capture.PNG

This is the message I get when I open Creo programs, but I can't figure out how to license it. I have done this before but it always worked just fine when I downloaded it. I can't find any product code, the only thing I managed was to find was an email that contained a file. Here is a bit of the file so you know what I'm talking about:

Capture3.PNG

I don't know how to get the proper licensing, and I'm on a time sensitive schedule. If you know anything about this, please help out. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

.Thanks. I just reinstalled everything and it worked fine. I decided to download the 32 bit version to see if it changed anything, but probably the full reinstall was all I needed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Same here. I followed the first link and got it working.

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo3_unistudent_standard.pdf

This one did not work for me put I post it anyway: May work for others.

http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/relicense_creo3_schools_standard.pdf

Peter,

Your license file looks fine. I would recommend completely uninstalling Creo, then reinstalling and making sure your antivirus and firewall are turned off before the install. Sometimes they can block files and cause issues for people.

Let me know how it goes.

Chris

.Thanks. I just reinstalled everything and it worked fine. I decided to download the 32 bit version to see if it changed anything, but probably the full reinstall was all I needed.

Hi,

open your license file in Notepad and explore all INCREMENT lines. One of them is related to Creo Parametric (eg. INCREMENT CREOPMA_Student2). You can publish INCREMENT lines to enable me to give you exact information.

Locate parametric.psf in Parametric\bin directory in Creo installation and open it in Notepad. Then locate the following lines and enter appropriate information in them.

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=full_path_to_license_file

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_Student2 ()

Save parametric.psf file and test launching Creo.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags