cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Can't simulate in Creo Parametric(student edition)

sbundy
1-Newbie

Can't simulate in Creo Parametric(student edition)

I try to use the simulate lite feature in creo parametric because the student license does not include the full simulate program, but nothing happens. When I click simulate, the message log at the bottom reads "Leaving Creo Simulate for the model...." and that's it. I'm trying to do a force analysis, is there another way to do this?

14 REPLIES 14

Good day Sarah,

I am moving this to the academic community to give your question the most exposure.

Best,

Toby

kalacs
3-Visitor
(To:sbundy)

Iam also haveing this problem, makeing the creation of my thesis harder. I've also sent a message to the support about an other question, but it seems like PTC dont care about students. Zero response, for both topic.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:kalacs)

@aabdulkarim

@Alex_Cazacu

Please check it.

Hi,

if you want to use Creo Simulate Lite, you have to install Creo Simulate along with Creo Parametric.

@kalacs wrote:

Iam also haveing this problem, makeing the creation of my thesis harder. I've also sent a message to the support about an other question, but it seems like PTC dont care about students. Zero response, for both topic.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, however i DID install Creo Simulate along with Parametric and it still didnt work. On the other hand the academic version can't even create a welding so, i'll just get a cracked version.

I downloaded both of them. But, it is still the same. Why?

To access Creo Simulation features in your student version, press the Simulate button located in the Applications tab of PTC Creo. You will get the License Check that tells you that you have no license for Creo Simulate. After you press OK, you will be prompted with a Model Setup window. Select Simulate Lite under Compatibility Mode, then OK.

I did not get the Model set up window. Thank you for your response, really appreciate it.

As for through the CREO Parametric, the same thing happened it does not show anything. Just the message tab stating "Leaving CREO Simulate.."

Hello,

As you don't have access to Simulate, unless you purchase Creo Student Premium from PTC eStore, you can't run a simulation on an assembly.

If you try with a part it will work.

Thanks,

Alex

Greetings Alex,

I see. Thank you for clarifying. Really appreciate it 🙂

Regards,

Sheera

I'm able to get the model setup window ,but in that I'm not getting any lite option to be selected.

If I check or uncheck FEM MODE and default interface as free, it still shows the same error .

@sbundy wrote:

I try to use the simulate lite feature in creo parametric because the student license does not include the full simulate program, but nothing happens. When I click simulate, the message log at the bottom reads "Leaving Creo Simulate for the model...." and that's it. I'm trying to do a force analysis, is there another way to do this?

@sbundy wrote:

@sbundy wrote:

@sbundy wrote:

@sbundy wrote:

Hello,

If the Simulate is not opening and the window where you can choose Lite is not opening, most likely you didn't install Creo Simulate.

Run setup.exe and follow the process (without licensing again, as the license is valid) and in the list of the features to install, make sure that you have Creo Simulate checked to be installed.

Thanks,

Alex

Top Tags