cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Cannot find pro.exe file after installing ProE 5.0 Personal use

mbikers
1-Newbie

Cannot find pro.exe file after installing ProE 5.0 Personal use

I downloaded the Personal Use (Student) addition of Creo/Wildire 5.0. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate in 32 bit form. It seemed to install okay, even put a shortcut on my desktop, however it seems that the pro.exe file is missing. Did I miss a step?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Hello

You will have to install again but make sure the antivirus or the firewall does not delete or block proe.exe.

Thanks,

Vali

I was able to get it up and running but I had to download the full 4Gig version (only took a mere 13 hours on my turtle internet connection, lol). It's working now, just slow graphics

Hello

You can check the Minimum Hardware Specifications for Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Schools, Student and Training Editions.

The slow graphics can be caused by you graphics card not being a workstation level card up to the requirements of Creo ELEMENTS/Pro (formerly Pro/ENGINEER). We should be able to get the software to run but you may see some performance issues as compared to a full workstation level machine.

Please upgrade your graphic card driver first.

I would also suggest to check the compatibility mode: right click on Creo Elements/Pro icon, go to Properties, go to Compatibility mode and select the latest OS from the drop down list.

If this doesn’t fix the problem you can force Creo Elements/Pro to use other graphics options. We have two options:

1. Software OPENGL

2. Basic graphics

Try setting the config.pro option 1. "use_software_opengl yes" or 2. "graphics win32_gdi". The config.pro file is in the default directory installation : <proe student edition install directory>\text (ex.: C:\program files\proengineer student edition\text)

Start Creo ELEMENTS/Pro and let us know if this worked for you!

Thanks,

Vali

Is there a CD download for the training edition? I've tried downloading it through PresionLMS but there is only the installer file for WF5, all the other versions have zip files of the contents. I've been told that the reason for the installer is stopping at 2% is that it is trying to download a 500 MB cab file. I would have thought so too but after an hour there is no internet activity at all and downloading the 200 MB installer took less than 3 minutes. I had installed it before using the installer and it worked fine, took about 45 minutes to install, but I had a computer update and after that when trying to run the installer it didn't work. The thing I noticed when trying to install to a directory is there are some folders missing based on what I've seen from other installs. The folders that are missing are the ptcsh0 and ptcsh1 folders (based on a student edition install).

Hello

For the Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 tryout edition please subscribe here (available only on DVD). Contact for this edition : -

You can also go to http://store.ptc.com and check the Creo ELEMENTS/Pro Student Edition 5.0 Personal Use offer. (support for this edition -)

Thanks,

Vali

Top Tags