cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Changing Sweep Feature

tgoldhofer
1-Newbie

Changing Sweep Feature

Hi guys,

for my master thesis I have to design a cable harness in detail, down to the braids of the cable. As the student license has no cabeling feature, it's kinda awkward.

So I thought about drawing a "master" cable with the sweep feature and I only import that same cable in my final assembly. Because every cable of the harness is different, I would have to adjust the stats (like length and curves). So I would like to ask you, how to adjust the axis of the sweep feature. It would be nice, if I can easily adjust the axis and keep the same profile (1 cable consists of 32 braids and it isn't funny to draw 0,2 mm circles for each cable again). Some axis has to be straigth but mostley they have different curves.

I think my problem is actually easy to solve but I really don't know how to adjust this feature. Right mouse click and "define" is not enough it seems...

Thanks

Regards Tom

1 REPLY 1

Maybe this> Creo 3.0 Tutorial: How to create a Rope and Wires - YouTube

The cabling feature is for managing routing, not accurate detailed depiction.

Top Tags